Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 04-26-2019, 10:49 PM

Default Recommended Pro Tools Youtube / online tutorials? (I miss Musictechhelpguy)

I have previously used Logic, and got a lot out of the tutorials made by Musictechhelpguy on Youtube. I've needed to move over to Pro Tools and there's obviously a thousand tutorials around, but i'd love a recommendation for who the Musictechhelpguy equivalent for Pro Tools might be?

I'm also open to paying for tutorials on Lynda or whatever, but actually couldn't find any specific to Pro Tools 2018 (and I think I read somewhere the keyboard shortcuts are different?).
Old 04-27-2019, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Recommended Pro Tools Youtube / online tutorials? (I miss Musictechhelpguy)

Take a look at the Groove 3 site - they have some free stuff but most of the good stuff is pay-for.

QAPLA!
Old 04-27-2019, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Recommended Pro Tools Youtube / online tutorials? (I miss Musictechhelpguy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepurplepurple View Post
I have previously used Logic, and got a lot out of the tutorials made by Musictechhelpguy on Youtube. I've needed to move over to Pro Tools and there's obviously a thousand tutorials around, but i'd love a recommendation for who the Musictechhelpguy equivalent for Pro Tools might be?

I'm also open to paying for tutorials on Lynda or whatever, but actually couldn't find any specific to Pro Tools 2018 (and I think I read somewhere the keyboard shortcuts are different?).
Most things are the same from version to version of Pro Tools. You could watch a tutorial that uses PT LE 8 and it will be applicable to 2018. 2018 just has more features. While a couple shortcuts may be different, the majority will be exactly the same.

I have hundreds of PT tuts on YouTube, link is in my signature below.

Here's a playlist of 40 shorter style videos to get you started
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...lR-aSfzWNXAiQM

There's much more on the channel.

If you are completely new to PT and need something that starts from the beginning, I highly recommend Lynda. The beginner course will get you familiar with the PT workflow and then you can go to YouTube from there.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 04-30-2019, 11:29 AM

Pro Tools Expert is without a doubt the best site for Pro Tools users. They have plenty of free content and reviews. They also have a inexpensive paid tier that has hundreds of tutorial for both music and post.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com
Old 04-30-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmixer View Post
Pro Tools Expert is without a doubt the best site for Pro Tools users. They have plenty of free content and reviews. They also have a inexpensive paid tier that has hundreds of tutorial for both music and post.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com
Try getting out from under their paid tier and you'll know the meaning of frustration. Been there/dealt with that/never again.

QAPLA!
Old 04-30-2019, 01:47 PM

Here are all my recommendations, make sure to pause the video so you can read because it's kind of fast:
https://youtu.be/854ttmmtzHY