Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-03-2013, 02:00 PM

Default Synthmaster2 scheduled for AAX2 in 2014

Hi.. Sad new on the EDM/Dance/House front as I got an email reply from KV331 saying that they expect to be ready for AAX2 after new year and probably not in the beginning of 2014 and talked to reFX today on the phone who said they would consider porting NEXUS2 and VANGUARD to AAX2 next year IF enough people ask for that ..

This is becoming a re-think as to where one should go from here. We are looking at the "Nuage" from Yamaha and Steinberg with Nuendo as that DAW works great with ALL plugin formats so this is a real contender to Reaper and all the hassle with rewire stuff crapping out in the middle of a session..

Anyway,

Just wanted to let the users of these great sounding VI's not to expect anything from these developers before next year. That is a long long wait!

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————

Last edited by Southsidemusic; 07-03-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Synthmaster2 scheduled for AAX2 in 2014

Yeah thats sad news indeed.
I also emailed reFX and got pretty much the same answer..this had me biting my nails actually, as Nexus is the only one synth I use, and have never since found an alternative as good as that (for lush pads etc) and also oh I duno maybe 100+ productions saved to disk all use nexus too...so going forwards they wont load anyway in 11 without there AAX support!.

Daym..
Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Synthmaster2 scheduled for AAX2 in 2014

Yeah I asked Duda about LFOtool and he says he isn't sure he can break even on the expense of AAX2.

IMO this is a little short sighted because this is going to be the PT platform for a long time (don't see 128 bit on the horizon). IE they could port to it now and have it mostly done on PT for probably 10+ years. But to be fair I really have no idea what the expense is for these guys.

In any case I don't have a lot of experience with reaper via rewire but VEP is definitely solid. It's looking like 11 will loure enough composers back to pt, hopefully electro producers as well. I think a lot of composers are finding these types of tools more and more useful. Plus note to devs: we have money to spend!

Nuage looks cool but I would have to hear in a room, that setup looks to me like it would have some serious potential acoustic diffraction issues with the screens like that. In a big post room with high mounted speakers it should be fine, but in a typical music studio it looks like a problem to me.