Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2010, 10:22 PM

Default Buy Eleven Rack Today, will it come with free PT9?

Will it come with PT9 or a free upgrade from boxed version to PT9.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 11-11-2010, 10:24 PM

Default Re: Buy Eleven Rack Today will it come with free PT9

no

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-11-2010, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Q: If I buy a Pro Tools LE system now—or just purchased one—am I entitled to a free crossgrade to Pro Tools 9?

A: Because Pro Tools 9 is a new Pro Tools product and not an upgrade version of Pro Tools LE, we will not be offering any free crossgrades to Pro Tools 9.
Quote:
Q: If I recently purchased a Pro Tools LE hardware system—how do I obtain Pro Tools 9?

A: Customers who purchased a Pro Tools LE hardware system can take advantage of the $249 (USD) software crossgrade currently available. There is no special promotional offer available at this time on Pro Tools LE hardware systems. However, customers who purchase a Pro Tools LE hardware system plus the Pro Tools 9 crossgrade will spend less compared to waiting to purchase a new system bundled with Pro Tools 9 in 2011
Pro Tools 9 Software FAQ

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-12-2010, 05:14 AM

They can't keep on selling the Eleven Rack with PT8LE forever.
I was on my way to buy me a second 11R, but will now keep it on hold to see what AVID will do about this.
Hopefully 11R + PT9 in one package (or 11r + PT8LE + free crossgrade). We'll wait and see.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredo View Post
They can't keep on selling the Eleven Rack with PT8LE forever.
I was on my way to buy me a second 11R, but will now keep it on hold to see what AVID will do about this.
Hopefully 11R + PT9 in one package (or 11r + PT8LE + free crossgrade). We'll wait and see.

PT9 will be packaged with it i believe in Q1 2011, at least thats when the Mboxes will be shipping with PT9.

However the Price will go UP to reflect the new price point of Pro Tools. And Avid has said it will be cheaper to buy an interface with PT8 then Crossgrade for $249 to PT9, then waiting for PT9 to be packaged with the interface. As quoted here:
Quote:
......However, customers who purchase a Pro Tools LE hardware system plus the Pro Tools 9 crossgrade will spend less compared to waiting to purchase a new system bundled with Pro Tools 9 in 2011
So I would imagine...... add $300 to $350 to each interface price as you see it now. Because not only will PT9 ship with the interfaces, but also a new iLok which is said to cost $159 (but im sure thats wrong, probably closer to $80....we'll see)

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-12-2010, 09:45 AM

Location: Northern tip of the gorgeous Wasatch mountain range
Default Re: Buy Eleven Rack Today, will it come with free PT9?

Does anyone what that means regarding the ability to update my existing iLock (which came with my copy of Cubase SL) to use with PTs 9?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59tweed View Post
Does anyone what that means regarding the ability to update my existing iLock (which came with my copy of Cubase SL) to use with PTs 9?
what do you mean? You can use the "key" style iLoks for PT9. As far as i know, its not a different code in the new iLok, just a new style that holds more licences.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-12-2010, 10:10 AM

Location: Northern tip of the gorgeous Wasatch mountain range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
what do you mean? You can use the "key" style iLoks for PT9. As far as i know, its not a different code in the new iLok, just a new style that holds more licences.
Ahh. That answers the question. Essentially, I didn't understand if this new iLock would be proprietary to PTs 9. Thanks dude, you're a wealth of info.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
PT9 will be packaged with it i believe in Q1 2011, at least thats when the Mboxes will be shipping with PT9.

However the Price will go UP to reflect the new price point of Pro Tools. And Avid has said it will be cheaper to buy an interface with PT8 then Crossgrade for $249 to PT9, then waiting for PT9 to be packaged with the interface. As quoted here:
The price will be going UP with PT9 .

So the 11R will cost upwards of $1,500+ next year in Oz. My goodness, are they trying to price themselves out of the marketplace.

Still, Avid must know what they are doing.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vercingetorix View Post
The price will be going UP with PT9 .

So the 11R will cost upwards of $1,500+ next year in Oz. My goodness, are they trying to price themselves out of the marketplace.

Still, Avid must know what they are doing.
Thats how i understood the Answers in the PT9 FAQ thread. Although they only SPECIFICALLY mentioned that PT9 will be package with he new Mboxs and the price will go up. They didnt mention the 003 or 11R, and of course didnt mention the Mbox 2's or 002's for obvious reasons.

Im almost guessing the 003 wont ever be packaged with PT9, and they will release the 004 around Late Dec. early Jan. with PT9.

The 11R is another story. Without taking my 11R out of the rack, i only see 1 "Digidesign" logo on the back, which is paint, unlike say, the 003 which has "digidesign" embedded in the plastic on the front, as well as paint logos. So they wont need to do a re-design of the 11R to change the logo from "digidesign" to "Avid"

So perhaps they will just change the logo, package PT SE and an Independent Control Panel with the 11R and leave the price the same, and offer a reduced price to get into full on PT9. Or not offer PT with it at all, and market it as a standalone modeler with the ability to be used as an interface if needed.... though probably not.

I do agree that if they raised the MSRP from $1199 to $1499 or $1599, which would raise the street price from $899 now, to $1199/$1299..... they would be priced out of their market..... UNLESS there is some "god mode" update in the works.

how they handle this will determine if the 11R succeeds or dies an early death, they have to be fair to the current owners, as far as paying for upgrades (potentially requiring PT9 to use the upgrades in the GUI [$249 crossgrade] plus the cost of the update... if any) and market it so people will want to pay the potential price increase.

Pro Tools 9 Software FAQ

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio