Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 09-27-2018, 11:19 AM

Default 1st Mojave error - FIXED

Using 12.4 When I try to create a new session the error says

Could not create a new document because permission denied (13)

Any ideas?

I am able to open past sessions but can't import audio either

Edit- have fixed issue. Mojave and 2018.7 working very well
MAC OSX Big Sur

Last edited by mspin; 09-30-2018 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Fixed
Old 09-27-2018, 11:51 AM

Default Re: 1st Mojave error

This should not surprise. Mojave is not a qualified OS. And for 12.4 it never will be.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-27-2018, 12:16 PM

Thanks Captain Obvious lol. I know it is not qualified. Just asking if there is anything that could be done to fix? I want to move to pt 2018. Hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel sooner than later. If anyone has a constructive idea without going backwards then please share.
MAC OSX Big Sur
Old 09-27-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspin View Post
Thanks Captain Obvious lol. I know it is not qualified. Just asking if there is anything that could be done to fix? I want to move to pt 2018. Hoping there is light at the end of the tunnel sooner than later. If anyone has a constructive idea without going backwards then please share.

Hi,

On the hard drive partition you're creating the session on! right click, look at sharing and permission and is it set to read and write for everyone. Maybe?

Enter Mojave at your own peril

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:14 PM

I wish I could offer more.

But Avid has publicly advised that Pro Tools users should wait for Mojave to be qualified before upgrading. This is for all versions of Pro Tools to date.

"ALERT: for Pro Tools | First users on macOS

Pro Tools 2018 is not yet fully compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave, which Apple released this past Monday, September 24. We are working to qualify this new OS. We advise users to wait until fully compatible versions of Pro Tools products (Pro Tools, Pro Tools | First, Pro Tools | Ultimate, and Pro Tools for Education) are released before updating to macOS Mojave."

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-27-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
If you have work to do you already went backwards by upgrading to an OS version that hasn't been qualified.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:43 PM

Here is an update. I upgraded to 2018.7 That fixed not being able to import audio. I can now. It also allows me to record enable and mut tracks. I could not on 12.4
I still can’t create a new session. I set permissions tobread and write like suggested( thanks) but that so far has not fixed that issue. For now if I open a prior session I can save it as...... and work. Not optimal but I am glad I am forging ahead. I will take the lumps for you guys. Lol. Being on the subscription plan now and forever should eventually catch everything up. I am still racking my brain on not being able to create a new session because of permissions. Keep suggesting if you have any constructive suggestions.
Thanks
MAC OSX Big Sur
Old 09-28-2018, 05:13 AM

Quote:
The question is why did you go to Mojave knowing it wasn't qualified? Remember that those that live on the bleeding edge are doomed to get cut by it.

QAPLA!
Old 09-28-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Here is an update. I upgraded to 2018.7 That fixed not being able to import audio. I can now. It also allows me to record enable and mut tracks. I could not on 12.4
I still can’t create a new session. I set permissions tobread and write like suggested( thanks) but that so far has not fixed that issue. For now if I open a prior session I can save it as...... and work. Not optimal but I am glad I am forging ahead. I will take the lumps for you guys. Lol. Being on the subscription plan now and forever should eventually catch everything up. I am still racking my brain on not being able to create a new session because of permissions. Keep suggesting if you have any constructive suggestions.
Thanks

Hi,

What happens if you open a working session and save it as a template then use the template to create new sessions

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 09-28-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

What happens if you open a working session and save it as a template then use the template to create new sessions

Chris
Hi Chris. That is exactly what I am doing. Using an existing session and saving it as.... it works. Maybe the denial is something in my settings when mojave installed? Other people using mojave have not to my knowledge reportd this problem. They have others and some have none. Go figure. The permissions are set to read and write when I checked.
MAC OSX Big Sur