Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 AM

Default HD Native Thunderbolt

can the purchase of the HD Native Thunderbolt be purchase alone or do you have to get either of the other units to work with it? I'm asking becuase I have a little piece of change coming to really purchase a HD system.. But all I really want is just the HD-Software..... (to be truthful)...

Eric Allen
EAP-Entertainment Co
Old 05-21-2013, 10:50 AM

Default Re: HD Native Thunderbolt

You have to buy it as a bundle of HDnative thunderbolt, an interface(cheapest being the Omni), and PTHD software. They are not sold separately.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 AM

Ok; one last question; Can i just purchase the Omni by itself & will that work with an i-Mac & macbook pro?

Eric Allen
EAP-Entertainment Co
Old 05-21-2013, 12:12 PM

You can purchase the Omni by itself, but the Omni has no way to hook up to a computer.

It must be connected to the HD Native Thunderbolt unit or HD Native PCIe card.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 PM

Also, you may be able to find an HD license by itself on Ebay, or on these forums (people selling used ones, etc.). But by the time you buy that, and buy an Omni, you might as well just get the whole system.