How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2014, 08:25 PM

Default Connect black magic and ALT to Dcommand

Hi

I use to use 2 modes on my 003.Normal mode and alt mode.
And just with ALT bottom I could switch to my MAC audio when I was in PT.

But I don't know how can I use this option on icon.
Could you help me how can I connect black magic audio output to icon Dcommand that I can switch between normal mode and ALT mode on it?

I have icon-Dcommand/xmon/HDnative card/omni/Blackmagic decklink extreme 3d

Thanks
Old 07-22-2014, 09:53 PM

Default Re: Connect black magic and ALT to Dcommand

If you check the D-Command Guide, you could use, say, Stereo 1 input.

You'd just need to wire it up from the BM card to the D-sub connector on the X-mon.
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_26592.pdf
Have a look around pg 17
Old 07-24-2014, 03:31 AM

Like Buccanears said, just connect a pair of analogue outs from the BM breakout cable to one of the stereo inputs on the XMon Dsub connector via a suitable breakout cable or through a patchbay if you have one.

Then go to the MAC audio prefs, and select the BM outs as the MAC´s audio out device. Alternatively you can create an aggregate that sets those same BM outs and your normal minijack or spdif out on the MAC if needed.

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 07-30-2014, 10:04 AM

Tanx a lot
So i should connect it to xmon not omni
And it works with alt bottom on icon?
Ill do it
Tanx again
Old 07-30-2014, 04:10 PM

Sounds as though you're currently using the Omni for monitoring. The D-Command uses the Xmon and will give you greater monitoring flexibilty than the Omni.
INPUTS:
You want to completley bypass the Omni monitor section and go direct out (eg 1 and 2 Omni out) into the Main ins on the Xmon for general PT use. Any other signals, like the BM output would go into Stereo in 1 Xmon, your Mac could go into Stereo in 2 Xmon, something completely different like a DVD/CD could go into Stereo in 3 Xmon. Then you can quickly switch inputs to the Xmon from the console. Even if PT is not running, you can still quickly switch to say your Mac sound card or watch and listen to a DVD. The console has a SUM button as well so that you could listen to Pro Tools on MAIN (input green button) AND have your Mac on Stereo 2 go beep whenever you hit the wrong buttons.
OUTPUTS:
ALT is for Alternate speakers, so you can have a pair of GArgantuan Extreme Woofly Buggers as your MAIN speakers (big yellow button), Middling Size Speakers as ALT, and Teeny Weeny little TV type speakers as MINI speakers, enabling you to choose the Output monitoring for 3 different sets of speakers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mon.JPG (34.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-01-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccanears View Post
Sounds as though you're currently using the Omni for monitoring. The D-Command uses the Xmon and will give you greater monitoring flexibilty than the Omni.
INPUTS:
You want to completley bypass the Omni monitor section and go direct out (eg 1 and 2 Omni out) into the Main ins on the Xmon for general PT use. Any other signals, like the BM output would go into Stereo in 1 Xmon, your Mac could go into Stereo in 2 Xmon, something completely different like a DVD/CD could go into Stereo in 3 Xmon. Then you can quickly switch inputs to the Xmon from the console. Even if PT is not running, you can still quickly switch to say your Mac sound card or watch and listen to a DVD. The console has a SUM button as well so that you could listen to Pro Tools on MAIN (input green button) AND have your Mac on Stereo 2 go beep whenever you hit the wrong buttons.
OUTPUTS:
ALT is for Alternate speakers, so you can have a pair of GArgantuan Extreme Woofly Buggers as your MAIN speakers (big yellow button), Middling Size Speakers as ALT, and Teeny Weeny little TV type speakers as MINI speakers, enabling you to choose the Output monitoring for 3 different sets of speakers.
Thanks
I did, I connected BM out12&13 to Xmon Linein1&2 with DB25XLRF which is connected to Stereo Inputs of Xmon.
But its mono on icon Dcommand and I only have audio on R-speaker.
I used SUM and also Stereo 1 and 2 bottoms on icon
But it doesn't work