Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2012, 02:02 AM

Default Help! Pro Tools 9 not available as product in my Avid account

I purchased a Pro Tools 9 cross-grade from Pro Tools LE 7.03 with Mbox 2 factory bundle back in March 2011. I was living in the UK at the time, but as far as I remember, this was purchased from the Avid store and I had no problems downloading and installing the cross-grade software and downloading licenses to ilok.

I have since moved back to Aus, and have recently purchased a new Macbook Pro, and have been trying to access installers for PT 9 which does not appear in My Avid account at all. Furthermore, I can't seem to find any trace of an email trail of purchase with registration / download codes for the cross-grade. Also, there is no trace of the cross-grade purchase in my order history on the Avid store.

I have been able to update PT from 9.02 to 9.06 with no problems on my old macbook, and all licenses appear in my Ilok account and on my ilok so I'm completely baffled as to why there is no trace of this on My Avid account.

As I said, I have the license on my ilok, Mbox 2 serial numbers, old LE codes. How can I get access to my 9.02 or 9.06 full installers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have a film to mix asap, and would dearly like to not have to pay Avid $40 for support.

Thanks
Old 10-29-2012, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Help! Pro Tools 9 not available as product in my Avid account

Also, can anyone recommend what route to take in terms of customer support for this? I've tried to lodge a query with registration support, but lacking a serial number I am apparently not eligible. Is there a way to redeem these codes using my ilok license? So very confused. And, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM

I am having a similar problem, I have my serial number, along with the confirmation and registration email from Avid, yet it does not show in my profile. I got mine from Music Village (Digital Village education sales) last year and only just found out that the education version entitles me to 4 years free upgrades so obviously I'm a bit peeved I can't access it. Help please
Old 11-01-2012, 12:18 PM

Buy some replacement disks from the AVID store.....15 dollars US and just wait for the to show.....That unfortunately is the only hope.....at least the cheapest.

Check the compatability of the PT9 and the OS ur running on the new laptop.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:34 AM

Having the same issue as many of these - I registered Pro Tools 8 LE when I bought it, and I dug up the email listing my serial code and thanking me for registering, but it doesn't show as a product in my Avid account.

I would love to upgrade to 11, but I'm not sure what info I'll need. Will this serial code (I notice it has no spaces or hyphens like most box codes) or registration ID be enough?

Thanks in advance