Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2018, 08:25 AM

Default Re: PT 2018.7 on MacOS 10.14 Mojave works for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkandKurious View Post
I have a couple of quick questions:

- You are using standard 2018.7, not Ultimate?
- Are you using a physical iLok?
- What is the lowest hardware buffer you can run in PT?
- You mentioned RX7: have you been able to get connect working on multi input mode with the multichannel editing? I can only get stereo tracks if I send from a stereo track, not from split mono tracks or test sending a selection across 6 tracks (This is not Mojave specific I guess, but if you know the answer...)

Thanks for being brave!
Hi!
My specs are:

-I'm on standard 2018.7 not ultimate
-Yes I have a physical iLok I had since PT 10
-As of now I'm running on 256 buffer most of the time, since my iMac is a little low on power and has no separate video card, running a video with my session (almost always on ProRes Proxy) is taxing on the processor. But for my application 256 is more than enough. To any of you who work on Post or any project with video I HIGHLY recommend transcoding to Profes Proxy (if on mac), working with h.264 is even more taxing on the CPU. I use Compressor 4.4 to transcode from 30sec commercials to 90min movies, its very fast.
-As of now I haven't sent multichannel through connect to the audio editor on RX7, but I'll report my findings with a couple of stereos and 5.1.
I tested selecting multiple st or mono tracks and sending them through connect and no, it will only send the first track or stereo pair.. I think the multichannel deal on RX7 is meant for single multichannel tracks.

It's still working great as of right now, still a little sad my Oxygen 49 is not recognized in PT but still most of my music is made on Logic and Reason, and no problems there.

Also if any of you use Reason 10 with the rsTouch app from Delora it's also working great on iOS12 and Mojave

Still any questions I can answer are welcome

Cheers!

Last edited by veinticinco; 09-25-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBoker View Post
Wish I could report success. I installed Mojave this morning and ProTools 2018.7 does not open at all for me. I'm using a physical iLok and a new 15" Mac Book Pro (July 2018). Worked fine last night pre-Mojave.

Symptoms: Well, not much. The icon doesn't even bounce. No response at all. I look at it in Force Quit and I see the dreaded "Application Not Responding".

Sigh...
Whoa that's a shame, wish I could try it on my ancient Macbook Pro 13' Late 2011, but it's not supported for Mojave and it's considered an antique.
I also have a physical iLok gen2 on a usb3 dock.
For my case I did a fresh install, not an update (with the high sierra partition untouched). Also you may try and moving some plugins to a temporary folder and see if any of those are the issue. These are on Library>Application support> Avid> Audio> Plug-ins
I have the Waves suite, RX6 and 7, and some of the Pro plugins from Avid and they are working fine..

Hopefully you can solve it
Old 09-25-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues Bird View Post
What about those notorious 9093 errors? Gone?
As of now no 9093. EuControl has crashed a couple of times while bouncing, but start it back up and it keeps running.
Also another annoyance are the disappearing VCAs on the iPad app, but i just move one vac on top of the other in Edit view and they instantly appear, but that has been more an Avid issue than MacOS.

I'll post any issue I have
Old 09-25-2018, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KV626 View Post
If I may :
- I'm on standard 2018.7
- yes, physical iLok
- running at 64
- I only have RX6 Elements.

Yesterday I had a "let's do this" moment and installed Mojave. Everything went smooth and there's no issue. I will continue my work today as if nothing happened ...getting used to, and loving, dark mode.
Thanks so much for the reply, that's great news! I'm planning on buying an i9 Macbook Pro this week or next, would be great to use it straight away if I can
Antelope Audio Discrete 8 SC
Old 09-25-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veinticinco View Post
Hi!
My specs are:

-I'm on standard 2018.7 not ultimate
-Yes I have a physical iLok I had since PT 10
-As of now I'm running on 256 buffer most of the time, since my iMac is a little low on power and has no separate video card, running a video with my session (almost always on ProRes Proxy) is taxing on the processor. But for my application 256 is more than enough. To any of you who work on Post or any project with video I HIGHLY recommend transcoding to Profes Proxy (if on mac), working with h.264 is even more taxing on the CPU. I use Compressor 4.4 to transcode from 30sec commercials to 90min movies, its very fast.
-As of now I haven't sent multichannel through connect to the audio editor on RX7, but I'll report my findings with a couple of stereos and 5.1.
I tested selecting multiple st or mono tracks and sending them through connect and no, it will only send the first track or stereo pair.. I think the multichannel deal on RX7 is meant for single multichannel tracks.

It's still working great as of right now, still a little sad my Oxygen 49 is not recognized in PT but still most of my music is made on Logic and Reason, and no problems there.

Also if any of you use Reason 10 with the rsTouch app from Delora it's also working great on iOS12 and Mojave

Still any questions I can answer are welcome

Cheers!
Thanks for the reply - it gives me great confidence.

I think the RX thing with multichannel is part of the Audiosuite bug - before 2018.7 I could send multiple mono channels and they'd show up in RX as stereo pairs, not it seems it only relates to track width. Fingers crossed Avid will repair that: I'd love to edit drums in RX as multitrack. If not, it means only Ultimate users can used the full features of RX7 Advanced, and that would be a shame...
Old 09-25-2018, 09:11 AM

I ran into a problem with my artist control and eucon crashing. I found that I had to allow eucon in the privacy/accessibility system preferences and it stopped crashing. Maybe this will help someone else who may hit the same problem I had. I also have an issue with my eleven plugin asking for an I ilok license even though I’m on ultimate. The mkii version is fine. I’m guessing it’s not needed anymore.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkandKurious View Post
Thanks for the reply - it gives me great confidence.

I think the RX thing with multichannel is part of the Audiosuite bug - before 2018.7 I could send multiple mono channels and they'd show up in RX as stereo pairs, not it seems it only relates to track width. Fingers crossed Avid will repair that: I'd love to edit drums in RX as multitrack. If not, it means only Ultimate users can used the full features of RX7 Advanced, and that would be a shame...
That would be a real shame if it's only on Ultimate! I purchased the Post production Bundle 3 for all the nice toys, but we all know Avid's glacial pace for fixes. I never even thought of fixing multiple stems on RX Audio Editor until it was a feature and now I wish I could do it
Old 09-25-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glogulus View Post
I ran into a problem with my artist control and eucon crashing. I found that I had to allow eucon in the privacy/accessibility system preferences and it stopped crashing. Maybe this will help someone else who may hit the same problem I had.
It works! Thanks for the tip
Old 09-25-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
That would be a real shame if it's only on Ultimate! I purchased the Post production Bundle 3 for all the nice toys, but we all know Avid's glacial pace for fixes. I never even thought of fixing multiple stems on RX Audio Editor until it was a feature and now I wish I could do it
It was logged as a bug in August apparently, so fingers crossed. I've emailed Izotope to ask them what the deal is - I can't imagine they'd want PT users left out, Ultimate would be quite a prerequisite on top of the cost of RX. I'll let you know if I find anything out
Old 09-25-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Whoa that's a shame, wish I could try it on my ancient Macbook Pro 13' Late 2011, but it's not supported for Mojave and it's considered an antique.
I also have a physical iLok gen2 on a usb3 dock.
For my case I did a fresh install, not an update (with the high sierra partition untouched). Also you may try and moving some plugins to a temporary folder and see if any of those are the issue. These are on Library>Application support> Avid> Audio> Plug-ins
I have the Waves suite, RX6 and 7, and some of the Pro plugins from Avid and they are working fine..

Hopefully you can solve it
I did an update, since this isn't my primary studio machine. But it's not just ProTools that is not working. About 1/3 of the apps on my dock now hang without even a bounce or splash screen. The other 2/3 appear to be working, although my testing is still spotty. I'm really unhappy I upgraded. The worst thing is that the external hard drive I use for backup is encrypted and the encryption software stopped working. So I can't even read my backups. erg..