Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2012, 06:31 AM

Default Pro Tools 8 Virtual Instruments Sounds

Is there an easy way to audition each sound on these virtual synthesizers included with PT 8? It sure is a pain to use the mouse and scroll through each category and pick each preset one at a time. I tried using the arrow keys, but that doesn't work. Would like to be able to pick the first preset, audition it, then just hit a key or something to advance to the next sound, and so on...

Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks
Old 05-24-2012, 06:05 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 Virtual Instruments Sounds

No one has figured out how to do this? I guess maybe it can't be done.

Am I the only one that is aggravated when using Xpand2 of the tedious pain in the aspirin bottle it is to audition each preset sound?

There's got to be an easy way to audition these sounds without stopping every 20 seconds to feed my mouse some more wheaties! The poor fella is tired and running out of energy from all the continuous pointing, scrolling and clicking.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:24 AM

I stopped working daily with recording a few years ago, I never really worked that much with MIDI, but I think I can at least give it a try:

First try to change preset from your controller. A main program wheel or up down buttons.

I know I've also used a program window wich is an old generic MIDI thing (it even looks like something from 15 years ago) that shows a list of 128 numbers, and it has a button that automatically cycles thru all 128 presets. You find it in the top part of the plugin window, the part that is common to all plugins. Can't remember what it's called.

IHTH.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:17 AM

In the Plug-In Settings Dialog list there is an "increment Setting Every __ Seconds" Option.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:26 PM

Ok thanks! I will try those options.
Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothercolour View Post
In the Plug-In Settings Dialog list there is an "increment Setting Every __ Seconds" Option.
Yes! That worked fantastic! Thanks for the help. Also, when I pulled up the dialog box, I could use the arrows on my computer keyboard to select different presets.