Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-27-2006, 01:23 PM

Default Headphones Input Not Working

Hey, I went to record today with my 002R and when I plugged in my headphones, nothing was playing back through them. I have a M-Audio Octane hooked up through ADAT and Edirol Monitors connected through SPDIF. In the hardware I have it set to ADAT, and in my i/o settings I have all my outputs set to S/PDIF. Did I mess something up? They've always worked in the past and I've tried with a few sets of headphones...none worked. I'm sure it's just something small, but Im missing it...

Thanks,
Old 10-28-2006, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Headphones Input Not Working

No one has any suggestions? Please?
Old 10-28-2006, 08:32 AM

try plugging your headphones into an output insted of an input

the headphone out mirrors analogue out 1/2 not spdif out. you will need to set your output in PT to analogue 1/2
Old 10-28-2006, 08:35 AM

What? No, I mean the headphone input on the front of the 002R isn't playing anything back...What do you mean plug it into and output...?
Old 10-28-2006, 08:44 AM

inputs go into pro tools (mics, instraments etc) outputs go out of protools (monitors, headphones etc)
sorry but if you dont know the difference between an input and an output you need to start doing some reading on basic signal flow.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:19 AM

Quote:
inputs go into pro tools (mics, instraments etc) outputs go out of protools (monitors, headphones etc)
sorry but if you dont know the difference between an input and an output you need to start doing some reading on basic signal flow.
Listen guy, i appreciate your replies and all, but the you don't have to act superior to me because you know something that I don't. I understand the concepts of ins and outs, but was confused with the signal flow of the headphones output on the front of the 002R and what they were linked to. You have cleared this up for me, associating them with analogue outs 1 & 2, and like I said: I appreciate it.

I apologize if my postings weren't clear, I'll make an effort to do better next time.

S.