Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2012, 11:40 AM

Default Thinking of upgrading from HD3 to HD6, what should I be aware of?

I'm thinking of upgrading from HD3 to HD6.

Before everybody tells me that I should go the HDX route (which I'm also considering but I'm walking slowly away of it mainly because of Waves not developing AAX DSP), here are my reasons to be thinking of HD6 and not HDX

Reasons:
- I want to add more I/O and processing power.
- AAX DSP plugins are still not much and Waves won't do AAX DSP, and I use Waves plugins a lot, so the HDX chips won't have much use.
- HD process cards and 2nd chassis are getting very cheap at the moment.

So, what should I be aware of?

I have to buy an expansion chassis, of course.
Which ones are compatible?

Read about some Revision K HD cards problems, but got a bit confused with different info. Could someone enlighten me about the incompatibility problem?

Can I connect 4 Aurora 16s and take advantage of 64 I/O analog + 64 I/O Digital?

I have a Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8 Harpertown
PT 10.2

Thanks in advance :)