Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2006, 10:33 AM

Default PFL/AFL paths

Hi,

Yesterday I've been using Pro Tools 7.1 TDM on an ICON, I tried using PFL to solo something while recording without getting it out of the musician's headphone?

I tried assigning my solo path in the I/O setup to different speakers (A2 - A3 - A4 - A6 - A7 and A8) but couldn't get any sound while soloing PFL or AFL, only while in SIP but then the musician got everything out of his headphone, what would be the easiest idea to get this working?

Thanks

Robin
Old 09-04-2006, 11:39 AM

Default Re: PFL/AFL paths

Quote:
Hi,

Yesterday I've been using Pro Tools 7.1 TDM on an ICON, I tried using PFL to solo something while recording without getting it out of the musician's headphone?

I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Do you mean you want to be able to solo PFL from the control room and keep the mix in the cans?
Quote:

I tried assigning my solo path in the I/O setup to different speakers (A2 - A3 - A4 - A6 - A7 and A8) but couldn't get any sound while soloing PFL or AFL, only while in SIP but then the musician got everything out of his headphone, what would be the easiest idea to get this working?

Thanks

Robin
Do you have the X-Mon routed properly?
When using this feature on a Procontrol of C24 you need to select your chosen path for PFL but on X-Mon it should be done internally.

You might try posting in the ICON forum.