Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2020, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Avid Audio Interface

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Reviews tend to focus on features and sound quality, not RTL numbers (which are good enough if most can record and monitor with them). Maybe their Windows drivers suck big time? I wouldn't know, everyone I know is on Mac
Well the performance on windows is what sucks.. which I guess means, yes, crappy windows drivers.

RTL numbers was only a tiny part of my point.. even at say 256 buffer, they are at the bottom of the heap for how well they can run a large project with lots of plugins vs many other interfaces.

I bought their first ever interface, the white firewire one with DSP effects, and they dropped support a year later.. it wouldn't even work on snow leopard. That left a very sour taste in my mouth, however when I was looking for a small usb interface, I did consider them again until I found out about constant issues with drivers all around the web.
Old 02-18-2020, 11:39 PM

Windows is an afterthought on audio world anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2020, 07:47 PM

Thanks to everyone who responded. It turns out that the issur was running PT 11.3 in Windows 10. I upgraded to the most recent version and the interface I had works as always.
Old 02-19-2020, 07:48 PM

For future reference, compatibility info here. Please bookmark.