Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2019, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Plugins not scanning nicely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Something IS different because it WAS working and now it ISN’T. Logic follows that if it DID work, it CAN again.
So, logically thinking you need to redo what you did years back. Find an original Sierra 10.12.0 installer and do the dot updates like before.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
So, logically thinking you need to redo what you did years back. Find an original Sierra 10.12.0 installer and do the dot updates like before.

Good luck to me on that one.

Again, I think my reluctance to upgrade is because of the FW compatibility issue. Seems like that’s ironed itself out, so maybe I don’t need to worry so much anymore.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:54 AM

I think upgrading is lesser trouble but you decide
Old 10-01-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I think upgrading is lesser trouble but you decide

Could be. But over the years I’ve hated every time I’ve done it. Having said that, I think Sierra was actually a good experience, so if High Sierra is a derivative, maybe I shouldn’t be so scared.

Maybe I’m just too old and annoyed at the fact that if it worked before, it should work now, and that if it doesn’t there should be a way to make it work like it used to. Working at a piano store doing rebuilds does nothing to dissuade me from that notion.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:51 PM

I have a very similar experience on Sierra but with an ilok issue thrown in.. Day before yesterday, all plugins and everything was working fine.

Next my session would not load, hanging on trying to activate the master track which had ozone 8 on it. This was the same session I ran earlier in the day.

Next time I launch it hangs in Ozone 8 hook (also on Ozone 7 hook).

Removing these it launches but declares that half or more of my plugins are not 64 bit.

Also all of my icences on one of my iloks (an iLok2) stopped being recognised by ProTools, although iLok manager claims they are there and fine, and seems to synchronize OK. Moving licences which can be moved to an iLok1 allows them to be valid again...

I have trashed all the prefs and plists etc, I have redownloaded and reinstalled protools, nothing is improving. This is very not good...
Old 10-01-2019, 01:22 PM

FWIW... iZotope is saying that there was a supplemental update to Sierra that came out a few days ago. Their suggestion is to update to 10.14, which I won’t do... MAYBE 10.13. I’ve written back to see if 10.13 will do.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Firstly, izozone8aaxhook freezes my scan. Didn’t before. Installed via the iZotope installer. On a fresh plugin scans (after deleting databases), scan will freeze at that plugin. After having successfully scanned all plugins, putting that one it, the scan will randomly freeze at other plugins.

Secondly, I’m getting “these are not 64-bit plugins” alerts on plugins I have used for a while. Exponential Audio reverbs, Kush Audio plugins, and only some (Lindell Audio) Plugin Alliance plugins. Latest version all, and again, a fresh installation.

Thoughts?
1. As another poster wrote, PTs can only handle 100 plugins per scan so after trashing prefs, make a temp folder and stick your plugins in there. Drag them back into the plugins folder at no more than 100 at a time and start Pro Tools for each batch.

2. The error message is not unusual since everything when 64 bit in PTs, even with the latest plugin versions. Just hit OK and press on I recall. At the worst you'll have to reinstall said plugin or drag it back into the plugins folder.

Pro Tools is totally inelegant in this respect of managing plugins, trashing prefs and the like. It's about time some progress was made to make things more streamlined and straightforward. As it is the whole business feels pretty 20th century.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 10-01-2019, 01:41 PM

I don't even remember when I last trashed prefs here, but then again, I do a clean install every summer (when the "old" operating system is stable) and keep using that until next summer.

Trashing prefs might fix something, or then again it might be a placebo. Good to hear when it has helped someone but it isn't in my toolkit.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Stephen - I tried removing all the 'non 64 bit' ones, rebooting and adding 5 back. They were all again reported a non 64 bit, nothing seemed to help.

I have restored the prefs to before they were trashed, and at least back to the stage where ozone 7/8 hangs.

I am nosidering a major OS upgrade.

Any benefits of 10.13 over 10.14 or vice versa as far as protools etc is concerned?
Old 10-01-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
1. As another poster wrote, PTs can only handle 100 plugins per scan so after trashing prefs, make a temp folder and stick your plugins in there. Drag them back into the plugins folder at no more than 100 at a time and start Pro Tools for each batch.

2. The error message is not unusual since everything when 64 bit in PTs, even with the latest plugin versions. Just hit OK and press on I recall. At the worst you'll have to reinstall said plugin or drag it back into the plugins folder.

Pro Tools is totally inelegant in this respect of managing plugins, trashing prefs and the like. It's about time some progress was made to make things more streamlined and straightforward. As it is the whole business feels pretty 20th century.

Stephen
Not since PT10 have I had it barf on rescanning plugins after a prefs dump. And even then all I had to do is to restart PT. No moving plugins to and from the used/unused folders. And I have well over ahundred plugins; probably closer to 200.

QAPLA!