Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-12-2002, 06:52 PM

Default Query re: diffs between LE and full vers

Okay all, I reckon I'm going to take the plunge soon with Digi 002. Before I do, however...

I've done a fair bit of work on PT (up to 5.1.1) and none on LE (my experience was gained on another facility's system). I have a pretty good background with Logic Audio and other audio platforms.

I've searched this site extensively, and am despairing of finding a straight feature-by-feature comparison list. Perhaps I'm just dense.

1) Can some kind soul point me towards a feature to feature comparison chart?

2) If not, whatever key differences you have time to point out will help me immensely in this purchase decision.

Possibly helpful in narrowing down answers will be these snippets, don't feel obliged to waste valuable time on them if you can point me towards documentation:

I'm doing production for demos and albums,

interested in knowing what key commands are limited in LE (ie: can I do that nifty "create headphone mix by flipping the fader mix up to the sends" trick on LE? can't seem to be done on PTFree),

limitations in terms of assets (LE runs ALL the AS and RTAS plugs that "PTfull" does? obviously TDM is "full" only),

beat detective functionality...you get the drift.

I've done some post work too, with a slant towards content creation, and would love to find LE has at least some functionality for this. (Can I timestamp with LE, or is that only in "full"?)

I did do a pretty thorough hunt for this info first, so if it exists already in easily digestible form and I'm just blind, pointing me at it will let me continue the research from there.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2002, 05:52 AM

Default Re: Query re: diffs between LE and full vers

Missing features in LE:
-no beat detective,
-no time tool->TCE trimmer (timestretch can only be performed via Audiosuite plugs),
-no discontiguous selection tool,
-no TC (except for that fragile hybrid found by accident when opening a TDM session into LE),
-no Key Command Focus,
-limited scrolling options,
-no Machine Control,
-no virtual tracks,
-no separation tool (grabber),
-no "Replace region" option,

...and the list goes on and on and on...
Hope that helped.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:41 PM

and you can't export a list of regions as text to email to someone...
you can however take a screenshot of those regions, print it out, scan it in and then email that to someone, whilst swearing gently at digi under your breath...

www.soundcloud.com/piersgibbon

VOICEOVER - Avalon 737sp/Focusrite Saffire Pro 40/Neumann + Rode inside an Esmono voiceover studio (+ Source Connect, Prima LT, Sonifex TBU, Sonnox plugins)

Record: MBP 13 inch mid 2012, 2.9 ghz i7 8gig ram, PT 11, GDrive Professional Ext Hard Drive

Backup:15 inch early 2008 MBP, OSX 10.10.2

(+Windows 7 PC running Audio TX isdn and tbu codec)

Edit: PT Express 10.3.4 on 13-inch, Late 2010 MacBook Air, OS X 10.10.4
Old 10-13-2002, 01:53 PM

No DSP cards in LE. They're used for handling the processing needs (power)in TDM otherwise resulting in taxing the CPU in LE.