Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 11-27-2010, 04:39 PM

Default Casio wk-200 program recording question

Okay so I've owned a casio wk-200 for a while now and have finally decided to start recording some songs I've made onto my computer. Only problem is I don't know what program to record audio with. The instructions say it can record midi with a usb, but I still don't know what programs I could use. I googled it a while ago and tried a few programs(can't remember which ones) and I couldn't record midi much less get it into mp3 form. So does anyone know what program I could use to record midi from my casio wk-200 and get it into mp3?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 PM

Default Re: Casio wk-200 program recording question

What avid program do you have? You cant record with them? Well, I used to have few yamahas and the software I used to interface MIDI or USB, was multi track studio and Audacity. There were some really cool features in them as well, lots of different sound banks etc. Cakewalk is supposed to be pretty cool too. If youre looking for a simple recording program though, maybe for free, you could look into a trial version of cool edit pro. You need to make sure that you have your computer audio settings correct though.