Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-14-2004, 09:49 AM

Default Still cant get wavedriver 6.4

I hope that someone can help,

I have been following the threads, trying what I can from them and I am unable to even find wavedriver 6.4.

The setup file does not appear on my 6.4 disk and the .exe does not show on my system when I reload PT. I have been at this all night.

Should I see the wavedriver in my program list on XP (SP1). Should I have access to the driver setup on my installation disk (V 6.4).

Thanking anyone who can help in advance
Old 09-14-2004, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Still cant get wavedriver 6.4

Check out Appendix c of your Getting Started guide
Quote:
The WaveDriver is installed by default when you install Pro Tools.
There is also information there about configuring it for use with your system.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 09-14-2004, 10:07 AM

I have gone through the process as thoroughly as I can.

Where it mentions wavedriver in the currently installed programs list I draw a blank. It appears not to have been installed. I have removed and reinstalled PT a number of times with the same result.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:35 AM

It mentions the Currently installed programs list in the "Removing the Wavedriver" instructions.
You're not trying to remove the wavedriver, are you?

I'm kind of confused here, as you said you are trying to access the .exe file, and it doesn't quite work that way.
Have you read the section on page 116 called "Configuring WaveDriver for Windows Media Player and Other Third-Party WaveDriver Programs"? That is the information I think you are looking for.

What exactly are you trying to use the wavedriver for? It might help to know that, as well as all of the details about your system.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 09-14-2004, 05:29 PM

What I want to use is Windows Media Player.

The problem is...

Quote:
.... the digi card wont show up in audio properties in windows (as the default audio unit).. Which means you cant use it with anything that requires its audio to go through WMA.
From the documents it suggests that the wavedriver is a separate .exe file. I am unable to locate this file (just to know that installation has occured). I have followed all of the threads that I could find on this site and have tried as many of the relevant fixes that I can. Still nothing.

- MB. ASUS A7N266-E , CPU. AMD Athalon 1700+ -

I hope this provides more info
Old 09-14-2004, 05:50 PM

Download and run MME Helper from the WaveDriver 6.1.1 download page and list the programs in the MME Helper listbox.

As always, I suggest you first uninstall all aspects of Pro Tools using the Add & Remove Programs control panel.. search for the file dalwdm.sys and delete all occurences of the file (you should find 2 copies).. reboot and reinstall Pro Tools 6.4 and then reboot and then install the WaveDriver 6.1.1

Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Sounds and Audio Devices and the Audio tab.. tell us if your Digidesign hardware is listed in the Sound Playback default devices list.

If it's not, then tell us exactly which other devices you have hooked up and installed in your PC including all FireWire devices.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••