Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2010, 07:38 AM

Default Loud Pop While Recording

***THIS IS MY FIRST THREAD AND IVE ONLY HAT PT8 FOR A MONTH SO IM NEW. FORGIVE ME IF I DONT HAVE EVERYTHING HERE U NEED TO KNOW TO HELP ME.***

Im running:
PT 8 LE
Sony Vaio/Windows 7 64-Bit
MBox Mini 3

I need help now before I break something. Its really pissing me off.

Heres the deal, recording from my Triton LE, no matter what I do, everythings going really well song is incredible, im in heaven and the LOUD POP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It records, its in the wave and im gonna kill something if I cant fix it now!!! Its ruining everything!!! I can not record!!! Help please!!!

If you can call me, great!!! If not, reply. But just help, please!!!

Kerry Spry
770-905-7299
HELP!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Loud Pop While Recording

sounds like you might be clipping try turning the volume down a lil on your input or add the pad if it's not already on
Old 12-08-2010, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Loud Pop While Recording

Could your computer anti-virus program be on? That caused me to have pops and clicks at one point. Could possibly be a soundcard issue... For folks out there who can really help, you might want to post a Sandra Report of your system..
Old 01-15-2011, 10:50 PM

Angry Re: Loud Pop While Recording

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I paid 39.95 or whatever for a service call, gave an Avid service tech remote access to my CPU and he did a million things including witnessing the "loud pop" while remotely signed on to my CPU and ultimately determined I may need another mbox. Ha! I paid 60.00 to overnight the mbox to Avid and just got it back today (3 weeks later), plugged it in, started recording and POP POP POP POPPOP POP POP POP. Spike after spike as if I never even sent it and wasted all that freaking money and have now lost even more time!

So before I do something crazy and drastic and perhaps illegal, could some one please save me.

One last freaking detail, I only hear the "loud pop" when Pro Tools is open. Other than that, all sounds go through my mbox while not recording as well and I never hear it!
HMMMM!!!!

Thanks,
Kerry Spry
770-905-7299
Old 01-20-2011, 04:55 AM

Question Re: Loud Pop While Recording

Could be that the cable's slightly loose where it's plugged into the mic. This would create sharp pops for every little tiny movement to the either the mic or mic stand.

I'm assuming its a hardware error if that avid rep couldnt sort it remotely. It could be as simple as the above. Good luck.