Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2014, 01:02 AM

Default Is it my computer??

Hi everyone I've been stuck for a long while. Even searching forum after forum I can't find an answer. At first Pro tools was working wonders, then started getting the -9173 error to remove native plugins after a couple of weeks, making it impossible to work with as some of you may know. I have since reformatted my computer, put windows 7 32bit to match PT 10 being 32, was working ok then once more started having issues. Now, whenever it feels like it, playback will start suddenly going half speed, sounding like a cross between digital distortion and a retarded alien transmission, sometimes giving me the random 9073 error every now and again. Thought it's a buffering issue, but not sure that's why I'm here. I was promised my computer would dominate anything I throw at it but apparently I was lied to.. I have optimized settings before with no luck and the only thing that comes to mind is it's not a "suggested computer" on avids system requirements. here are my specs:

Toshiba Satellite
CPU Intel® Core™ i7 processor 4700MQ (2.4GHz - 3.4GHz, (Quad Cores) 1600MHz FSB, 6MB L3 Cache)
Operating System Windows® 8.1 (64bit) (Now Windows 7 32bit)
Screen Size 17.3inch HD+ CSV Widescreen with LED Backlit Display
Resolution 1600 x 900
Screen Aspect Ratio 16:9
Memory 8GB DDR3L (1600MHz)
RAM slot allocation One slot used, three slots available. Total memory expandable to 32GB (DDR3L required)
Storage 1TB (1TB (5400rpm)
Graphics nVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2GB With Optimus + Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Optical Disc Drive DVD SuperMulti Double/Dual Layer
Audio Microphone & Headphone ports
Speakers Premium 4x harman/kardon speakers
Webcam HD Webcam/Microphone
Buttons and Pointing
device ClickPad with Gesture(Hinge type)
Compliance EPEAT® gold rating, ENERGY STAR® 5.0 qualified, ROHS Compliant

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Is it my computer??

One of the most basic hardware requirements of PT is that audio must be recorded to a minimum 7200rpm disk that does not contain the active OS.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:23 PM

Default Re: Is it my computer??

if the Intel Graphics is active it could be dragging you down
I question only having 1 of 3 RAM slots loaded, I'm assuming it tri-channel RAM design

Following the Help Us Help You method for running a Sandra report would help with details

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig