Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2009, 05:39 PM

Default Re: mp3 option in PT8

Update:

Tried to bounce to MP3 again today. Problem's back.

So far:

1. Total reinstallation.
2. I own both the CUBS password, plus the MP3 Option on my Ilok.
3. I've used it for years.

And suddenly stops working again. Same error message back. I'm thru messing with it.

Lame!

I just made my ProTools .wav file into an MP3 using SoundForge. Sound Forge is an elegant little program. I found that it gives me a better view of my levels, revealing distortion that I was oblivious to when mixing in ProTools. (I guess the yellow is now distortion in PT 8, but I did not hear or see it until importing it into Sound Forge. Why is this? Large, well marked level meter on Sound Forge lets you see your levels more clearly.

QUESTION on USING SOUND FORGE:

I did not see a way to convert the .wav file to a 24-bit MP3, as an earlier poster recommended.
What am I missing? Sorry if I seem in newbyville.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julianlee View Post
Update:

Tried to bounce to MP3 again today. Problem's back.

So far:

1. Total reinstallation.
2. I own both the CUBS password, plus the MP3 Option on my Ilok.
3. I've used it for years.

And suddenly stops working again. Same error message back. I'm thru messing with it.

Lame!

I just made my ProTools .wav file into an MP3 using SoundForge. Sound Forge is an elegant little program. I found that it gives me a better view of my levels, revealing distortion that I was oblivious to when mixing in ProTools. (I guess the yellow is now distortion in PT 8, but I did not hear or see it until importing it into Sound Forge. Why is this? Large, well marked level meter on Sound Forge lets you see your levels more clearly.

QUESTION on USING SOUND FORGE:

I did not see a way to convert the .wav file to a 24-bit MP3, as an earlier poster recommended.
What am I missing? Sorry if I seem in newbyville.
Same problem with PT8.0.3 here. I use Sony's Acid Pro 7.0 to convert my PT .wav to MP3. Not sure on the 24bit option though.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:38 PM

Reinstall the MP3 Option?
Old 04-25-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJoshua View Post
Found it!

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=36634

For ProTools 8, we need to download the MP3 option installer from that link on the Digidesign site.

This link takes me right to the main page to get PT 8...but i see nothing about optional installs or an MP3 installation. I actually paid digi 20 bucks for this...and saw that its suppposed to be an authorization on my iLok...but there is nothing on my iLok account. So weak. I really cant imagine why its just not thrown in and working properly...its such a nice easy feature and lets me take my mixes on my ipod (bounce mp3 directly to an itunes folder)...

i've upgraded to 8 from 7.4 (for now 170 bucks) and i've had nothing but trouble from it.

if anyone can help me with the link i quoted...or give me some more direction as to where the mp3 dll is...i'd really appreciate it. I must be missing something.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:12 PM

[QUOTE=Jeremaeus;1598255]This link takes me right to the main page to get PT 8...but i see nothing about optional installs or an MP3 installation. [QUOTE=Jeremaeus;1598255]

OK...so i found the installer (finally)...now its just not finding it on my iLok....after updated all th drivers and installers from iLok and rebooting various times...still nothing.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeremy
Old 04-25-2010, 07:43 PM

Such a joke that you have to pay for an MP3 option.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:15 AM

If you have the Music Production Toolkit, try doing a repair in Control Panel/Add Remove programs.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 PM

Hi, my name is Fawm and I'm super new on here and at this. I've purchased PT M-Powered Essential (I know this thread is about PT8) but I'm getting the same message (The MP3 option cannot be enabled because: Module initialization failed for MP3.dll. The MP3 demo period may have expired). I read the troubleshooting and all, but I still don't understand it. And I really don't know if PT M-Powered Essential works the same as PT8. Well, I was wondering if anyone could help me on being able to bounce it to MP3? It'll be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:15 PM

This is my first reply/post/thread or whatever so 4give if i'm doing this incorrectly. I had the same issue that MrJoshua had when I upgraded from Vista to Windows7. Except when i was on Vista i was able to import mp3 files into my sessions directly via the workspace window (Alt key + ; key). Now that i'm on Windows 7 I can't import mp3's. I have to convert them to waves and this is frustrating. I was told to purchase the mp3 option from avid and I did but I'm still having this situation...any help greatly appreciated.