Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2014, 07:14 PM

Default Re: can not maximize pro tools window???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
I experienced the same issue on my own system and deemed it a bug at the time. Unfortunately, it only occurred a few times and I was never able to reproduce it. A similar issue also occurs with the standalone Eleven Rack editor, but only with some users. The hunt is still on to the actual cause of it.

Shane
Thanks, Shane!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:00 PM

Has anyone discovered a fix to this bug yet? It is very frustrating. Avid have designed Pro Tools to Rewire with other programs requiring regular window opening and closing. For example, I have to continually change between Pro Tools 11 and Propellerhead Reason 7 which is rewired. I also use a Universal Audio Apollo Duo interface with a separate software mixer. I also use an Avid Eleven Rack audio interface which Avid has created a standalone Eleven Rack software editor for to allow you to change hardware settings on your desktop. Even opening this software editor results in this issue. Not being able to instantly maximise Pro Tools is significantly slowing my workflow down so I am getting less work down for a given amount of time. Doesn’t make sense to allow program minimisation but not maximisation. Avid really needs to pick up its game in this highly competitive world.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:36 PM

Just posted this on the Avid Pro Tools facebook page. Will see what happens.

Can someone please inform if/when the following bugs will be corrected?
1. not being able to maximise Pro Tools 11 after being minimised
2. not being able to open the Avid Eleven Rack Editor while Pro Tools 11 is running.
These issues have continued for a while. I decided to post here as I'm over continually discussing in forums and there doesn't seem to be an easy to find free email contact at the Avid website. An update to fix would be seriously valued by thousands of customers. Search in the forums and you will find heaps of people discussing the issue. Thanks
Old 01-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Avid

Question Re: can not maximize pro tools window???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sputnik123 View Post
J1. not being able to maximise Pro Tools 11 after being minimised
Logged on IdeaScale with workarounds. Still searching for a repro case. https://audio-jira.avid.com/browse/MOORE-175
Quote:
2. not being able to open the Avid Eleven Rack Editor while Pro Tools 11 is running.
What is the exact error/symptom, and what are your system specs? As I stated in reply to your Facebook post, I have run them concurrently on Mac and Windows.

Best regards,
JC
Old 01-10-2015, 06:25 PM

The inability to maximize after minimizing Pro Tools has happened to me once in just over a year. Restart was the fix. PT 11.0 through 11.3/Windows 8.1. Fortunately for me, it has not happened regularly.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 01-10-2015, 10:08 PM

Just a thought/possible workaround. Can you alt+tab to PT and have it maximize again? If not, if after alt+tabbing to PT, will using the shortcut to show/hide the mixer (ctrl+=) bring the windows back up again?
Old 01-11-2015, 09:07 AM

I read this post with interest, never having had this problem. Just a few hours later, PT was minimized and when I clicked on the icon on the bar, NOTHING happened! How odd and timely! I did the alt+tab Michael Zull suggestion and that worked. 11.3 Win7
Old 01-11-2015, 09:42 AM

Awesome, glad that worked! I've done the same with PT on OSX, after having closed both the mix and edit windows without closing the session, the show/hide keyboard shortcut gets them to pop back up.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:54 PM

Same issue. I've talked with tech support and this is in fact a known issue caused by more than one known software product and, last I heard, other potential circumstances.

They had no ETA on a fix, and to be honest, it's been so long that maybe a little prodding wouldn't be a bad thing - this really needs to get fixed.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:00 PM

I'm on PT 12 now and if I minimize Pro Tools Alt+Tab does not work. I have to hover over the Task Bar Icon until the Peek shows up, then right click the Peek and select Maximize or Restore.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction