Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 12-23-2017, 12:57 AM

Default Latest software and app, still won't work [SOLVED]

IPad pro (10 inch)
lastest Eucontrol (3.7) and PT HD 12.8.3
Mac Pro 5.1 OSX 10.12.6

very fast internet and solid signal.

I CAN get the iPad to show up and turn solid E in the Eucontrol software.
i also have eucon checked enabled in my PT HD software.

tried starting and re starting every configuration of app and PT and iPad.
but the PT control app never shows session information.

i can use several other ipad apps, for other DAWS, so i don't think it has anything to do with the internet.

anybody have anything else for me to try...

thanks so much... really hoping to get this going.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:52 AM

Default Re: Latest software and app, still won't work.

Are you running any other Eucon hardware/software on the same network? Make sure it is all >3.5 version of Eucon.

Did you actually add the Pro Tools Control to your computer (is it in the right column or still the left in the Eucon software on the computer?)

Re-download Eucon and reinstall (just in case you downloaded the bad version of 3.7 that didn't install correctly)
Old 12-23-2017, 11:59 AM

thank you so much for responding!!! WORKING NOW!!

answers as follows.

Are you running any other Eucon hardware/software on the same network? Make sure it is all >3.5 version of Eucon.

just control control app, no other eucon hardware/software that i am aware of.

Did you actually add the Pro Tools Control to your computer (is it in the right column or still the left in the Eucon software on the computer?)

my iPad running the app shows on both columns , left and right in the Euconn software. So yes i believe its added.

Re-download Eucon and reinstall (just in case you downloaded the bad version of 3.7 that didn't install correctly)

I did this and used the uninstaller and clean uninstall script after before a reinstall of a fresh download, to to make sure..

After i did all that i ALSO deleted the app on my iPad, and the reinstalled... NOW WORKING!!!!!!!

if anyone else has same issues as me, try in this order.
uninstall Eucon,
run the clean uninstall script, (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nstall-for-Mac)
do a fresh download and install of Eucon.
deleted app from iPad and re install app.

THANKSSSSSSSSSS

much love and happy holidays.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredstudiio View Post

answers as follows.

just control control app, no other eucon hardware/software that i am aware of.

my iPad running the app shows on both columns , left and right in the Euconn software. So yes i believe its added.

I did this and used the uninstaller and clean uninstall script after before a reinstall of a fresh download, to to make sure..

After i did all that i ALSO deleted the app on my iPad, and the reinstalled... NOW WORKING!!!!!!!

uninstall Eucon,
run the clean uninstall script, (http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nstall-for-Mac)
deleted app from iPad and re install app.

THANKSSSSSSSSSS

Cpl quick questions.
1. For the above instructions, “uninstall Eucon,” and “run the clean uninstall script,” are those 2 separate steps?
2. “deleted app from iPad and re install app.” Am I just deleting from the iPad and then redownloading from the the icon that will show up letting me know that the app is still on the cloud and I can download it from there, or do I need to delete from the cloud and download a fresh version directly from the App Store. Forgive the dumb question but I figure if I’m downloading it from my cloud then I’m just getting exactly what I already had.

Thanks.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Latest software and app, still won't work [SOLVED]

Cloud version is the same as the app store version so it doesn't matter. Delete local and re-grab from the cloud.

For 1, it is. Supposedly the latest Eucon download (with the new installer) can take care of both.
Old 12-31-2017, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Latest software and app, still won't work [SOLVED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Cloud version is the same as the app store version so it doesn't matter. Delete local and re-grab from the cloud.

For 1, it is. Supposedly the latest Eucon download (with the new installer) can take care of both.
Thanks. Will give it a go.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredstudiio View Post
uninstall Eucon,
deleted app from iPad and re install app. [/B]

THANKSSSSSSSSSS

Just a quick follow up.
I followed the above instructions and was finally able to get myself sorted out.

@ redredstudiio Thanks a bunch for posting.

One thing I have have to mention with my set-up. I have to open things in a very specific order for my iPad app connect and function. Its very hit or miss, sometimes it works out off the sequence, but sometimes the only way to get the iPad to be connected is the following order.
1. Turn on Pro Tools Dock
2. Open a Pro Tools Session
3. Open Pro Tools Control app on iPad.

Like I said it is possible to re-arrange the order, but i find this order works most often and with the least amount of fuss.