Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 05-04-2006, 05:30 PM

Default Problem

There's no quick way to explain it...

Running PT 7.1 cs1 HD2 with a Sync, 192, and AV10 on a dual 3Ghz HP (can't upgrade past cs1). In one of the rooms, things are getting buggy. You click on the record enable for a track and nothing happens until you click the mouse anywhere in the Pro-Tools edit window (the edit window was already selected). Same thing happens when you click on the online clock. Nothing happens until you click somewhere else onscreen. The other two rooms with the same PT setup are running fine, though those rooms aren't used as much.

Haven't tried trashing prefs or anything. So far the only action has been power cycling the computer and running an anti-virus program.

In trashing prefs, what info will I lose? I imagine custom I/O setups and such. Anything else?

Regards,
Jason Miller
Old 05-08-2006, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Problem

Recently, Rail Jon Rogut sent this link:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#802377

I don't remember exactly, but I did it, and I do remember I didn't have any major hassles or work to do, maybe 5 minutes or so.

It may just be the stuff in the preferences tabs. You can put a PrintScreen shot of any preference setting pages you want to keep into a Word or Excel file so you don't have to think about it later (this is also a handy way to mark down plug-in settings, mixes with levels and pans, etc).