Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 07-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Avid

Thanks for letting us know.

If you are experiencing this problem... did you have the Transfuser Preview installed before installing the release version, and were these sessions created when using the Preview version?

If anyone has additional details about this problem, please reply back to this thread. If you are willing to share a session doc that exhibits this problem, please send it to "transfer" -at- "digidesign.com"

Thank you.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:23 AM

1. Yes ... I have the transfuser preview installed , and I haven't uninstall it ... but just installed release version over it .
2. it happens to sessions with preview versions and also with sessions created with release version

hope this helps
Old 07-29-2008, 02:02 PM

Have only experienced it with the full version..
In general it has done it in sessions where it was the only VI, and in sessions where it was together with other VI´s..
It has been random and for no ararent reason, - and thats the scary part...

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org
Old 07-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Avid

Question

Thanks for the feedback!

P A M - So you never had the Transfuser Preview installed? What computer and OS are you using?

Tomy - What version of Transfuser in your Plug-Ins folder? Some of your other posts refer to PC's, so what Mobo/CPU and OS are you running?

It could help to have more info from those experiencing this problem...
- computer make/model?
- os version?
- Transfuser Preview installed previously?
- Were the sessions created using Transfuser Preview (v0.0.0.x) or Transfuser (v1.0.0.x)?
- media source (Transfuser Content, Transfuser Preview Content, other)?
- any specific steps that make this happen?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:43 PM

ICON with HD3 Accell, Apple Intel Quad 3.2Ghz, 4 dics of 500 gb, 8 GB of ram, OSX10.5.4, via combo updater.
Pro Tools 7.4.2
No unqualified plugs

Sessions have only been created with full version, - and its only there I have seen the problem.

Yes I have had the preview-ver. installed, - it was removed prior to full install.

It has happend with both Transfuser-content and with REX and files from my sample-libary.

As said, - it is a random thing, - I will try to recreate it tomorrow where I have better time.

Its been normal sessions, - one thing I can think of is that there have alwayes been regular audio-tracks in the sessions, typically 25-75 tracks/session.

Cheers

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org
Old 07-29-2008, 09:35 PM

Default Transfuser..Digi Admin

Digi Admin...thanks for looking into this problem

I experience this problem with the "free 14 day trial".
I'd like to purchase Transfuser but I'm hesitant untill this issue is resolved.

I've never had any other version of Transfuser installed.

It seems that it dosn't matter what the media source is because I've experienced the same problem several times with all different media sources. (ie: factory loops, user audio loops, modified factory loops etc.)

It's done the same thing in sessions with one instance of Transfuser loaded and a few audio tracks as well as sessions with a few instances of Transfuser running.

My system is listed below....

Once again thanks for looking into this.

Xavior

__________________________________________________ ____________
Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 AM
AIR Music Technology

Hi everybody,

Does this problem only occur when re-opening sessions or does it also happen when reloading Transfuser settings files?

To provide fastest possible help with this issue we would need a session file or Transfuser settings file in which the problem occurs. As mentioned by Tech Support above, please send any files to "transfer" -at- "digidesign.com" and post your detailed system specs in this forum. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your help.

Many thanks,

Wolfram Knelangen
Product Manager - A.I.R.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:55 AM

PC Quad Q9300 2.5 Ghz 4 GB Ram Windows XP Pro SP2 ( with all needed updates )
MB Asus P5W DH Deluxe
UAD 1PCIe

everything on this system works fine ... no problems at all ... just this with transfuser

It has happened with preview version and also with full version ...
It happens even in random sessions and the most important thing it don't happen always ... sometimes when i open the session everything is there , but sometimes its empty ...

to send you the transfuser preset ... i just save it on desktop and send it or is there a special way to pack the audio file also ?
Old 07-31-2008, 06:39 AM

Default Fix Transfuser- I lost my session setup in it!!!!

I can't tell you how friggin mad I am a this moment. I am set to finish a song that uses Transfuser ( 8 tracks in it) and when I load up the song this morning, Transfuser is empty. All my sounds, tuning, effects, etc are all gone as a preset in Transfuser is empty. So i think to load up an older session backup (I always save many backups and rename them song01, song01a, soung01b etc) just incase I mess something up I can load an older version and recover. This doesnt work as every Tranfuser in 20!! backups of the same song are all empty. Real nice Digidesign!! Thanks!. Up to this morning Transfuser would always load the correct setup in each of those 20 backup songs. Transfuser wont even load correctly from the autosave of the current song I have been working on which I must have 10-20 of them.

Now the only thing I did any differently during the last session before everything went to hell is that I used another instanciation of Tranfuser ( I loaded another Tranfuser plugin on a new track). Before this I had only one instance of Tranfuser on the past vesrions of the same song. Not that I would know but my guess is that the 2nd instance of Transfuser deleted/overwrote or initialized all setups of it somehow and that this initialzation is not song specific because Transfuser now does not load anything in the past 20 version of the same song!

Thanks Digi.

I am using the retail version of Transfuser with the most recent version of PTLE and the most recent version of OSX.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:03 AM
AIR Music Technology

Tommy DeClerque,

you don't need to send any audio files. If you could just please save a copy of your Pro Tools session file to the desktop and e-mail it to the given adress, that would help us a lot as we can currently not reproduce this in-house.

It would be really good to have your feedback whether this only happens with re-opening sessions or if it also occurs when loading Transfuse settings files (from the menu in the RTAS header of the plug-in).

A possible workaround for now would be to save settings files or track presets that would have to be loaded manually but at least it could help you to get your session to work until we have found a solution for this.

Many thanks,

Wolfram Knelangen