Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-08-2013, 05:30 AM

Default AAX Plug-ins ALL Broken

I am wondering if anyone can suggest a possible solution. From day 1 of my PT 10 install (now 10.3.4) none of my AAX plug-ins have worked properly. It doesn't matter if they are the plug-ins included with the PT installer or those from 3rd party manufacturers. On each plug there are controls, usually near the top of the interface, which do not respond to any clicking, etc.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 AM

Default Re: AAX Plug-ins ALL Broken

First I've heard of this issue. We would need all sorts of details like OS and version.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-08-2013, 09:44 PM

Windows 7 64-bit. Dell Precision T7500 which is qualified on the Avid site. The comp has never been online and runs like a dream other than this issue. I have performed complete uninstall + re-install numerous times to try to fix this issue.

When PT first loads after re-install it names a bunch of AAX plug-ins that need a new version of the iLok drivers. Before I did my latest uninstall/re-install I never received any of these messages.

Both the iLok site and the Pace sites are down now but can't help but wonder if this might have something to do with it. Doesn't sound likely though.

Last edited by bugnut; 06-09-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:27 AM

Are you using stereo plugs on mono tracks or something like that?
I know PT 10.3.5 threw Windows users a curve with changing plugin folders but nothing on 10.3.4

QAPLA!
Old 06-10-2013, 11:04 AM
Avid

So you're saying there's a "dead area" for all of your plug-ins where you can't click the on-screen GUI? How bizarre, though I can't help but think back to another post I came across awhile back:

http://www.reddit.com/r/protools/com...eed_some_help/

The issue was the first time I had heard of anything like this, and unfortunately it was unresolved. Is this similar at all? Do any of the debugging ideas narrow down the scope of the problem?

If so, then I would suspect there's something on your system conflicting with Pro Tools, perhaps a background app.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanavery View Post
So you're saying there's a "dead area" for all of your plug-ins where you can't click the on-screen GUI? How bizarre, though I can't help but think back to another post I came across awhile back:

http://www.reddit.com/r/protools/com...eed_some_help/

The issue was the first time I had heard of anything like this, and unfortunately it was unresolved. Is this similar at all? Do any of the debugging ideas narrow down the scope of the problem?

If so, then I would suspect there's something on your system conflicting with Pro Tools, perhaps a background app.
Hey Ryan. Thanks for that link. That does appear to describe my problem and it only happens with AAX plugs. If I move an AAX plug to the unused plug-in folder and use the RTAS version everything is fine. I have however purchased a few AAX plugs I'd like to get happening, ie Eventide H3000. I think I will perform a re-format and start from scratch this weekend. Will post results.

Last edited by bugnut; 06-12-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:42 PM

WOW. I think I have this frustrating issue figured out and it is kind of weird.

I did an image restore on my comp and tried the AAX plugs. They worked fine. Hooray! Then I set a custom text size of 128% like I always do and the controls in question were not accessible.

I am not sure if it is all custom text sizes which create this problem or only specific percentages. The preset text sizes work fine.

I'll test more later and post results.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:23 PM

I posted in the moderators section and hopefully this will get seen by someone and investigated.

I'm not at my PC at the moment but it would be nice if some other users could check this behavior and attempt to regress it.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-20-2013, 08:35 PM

Further to this, if the text is set to 128% but the box "Use Windows XP style DPI" is selected then the AAX is fully accessible. It seems that when this box is deselected the problem starts. (128% with box deselected makes for a larger mixer in PT which is why I use it.)

That being said at 100% with the box deselected the AAX is fine.

At 110% with the box deselected the tops of some of the buttons don't work but the bottoms do.

It appears as though there is no option in Windows to go smaller than 100%
Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Avid

Great investigating, bugnut!
We are tracking this bug and will work on a fix. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.