Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)

Old 05-24-2011, 04:51 PM

Unhappy "Error on Quickstart" (Nothing is working!)

Hi,
I have a Macbook OS 10.5.8

I just completely erased the hard drive and reinstalled and have a back to factory settings Macbook! I did it just for this. I want it to be only used for my Music.

I just installed the ProTools SE 8.0.3 and have the M-Audio 2nd Generation MobilePre.

When I go to open Pro Tools I keep getting the "Error on Quickstart" Message!
I am getting really frustrated. I have done everything, I have installed the new patch and I ran the Shockwave fix...but nothing seems to work.

Also I found this zip file with a Shockwave fix, but when I go to unzip it and install it says error I need to log in as administrator. I am already logged in!
I am getting really frustrated and about to return the whole thing all together. As this has already taken me over 3 hours of troubleshooting. ughhh....

Anyone know of any other ideas or have any other fixes?

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:57 AM

Default Re: "Error on Quickstart" (Nothing is working!)

I'm having the same issue. This really needs to be sorted out asap!!
I've done everything from uninstalling shockwave, re-installing pro tools SE, updating the latest FastTrack driver (applicable to my OS X version) and applying the 'fix' supplied here... still getting the message:

'Error occured while starting QuickStart.'

System: Mac OS X, 10.6.7
Installed:
Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 (bundled CD)
Applied Patch:
Pro Tools SE 8.0.3 Patch 002 (Mac)
FastTrack driver downloaded and applied:
FastTrack_OSX_1_8_1.dmg

I've now been 2 days trying to fix this - please someone there help us!!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:08 AM

Hey luckily... i twigged that it could be a problem with the flash player and that somehow the shockwave installations are interfering with the flash installs...(which QuickStart relies on).

IT WORKS!!! - all i did was:

1.) remove shockwave (using the installer/uninstaller from adobe)
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/158/tn_15895.html

2.) was gonna uninstall pro tools SE but didn't bother - BUT this is still the installation WITH the patch applied:
http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...5020442061ea89

3.) Downloaded the latest Flash Player:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

4.) Crossed my fingers and hoped it would get past this Quickstart hurdle... AND IT DID!!

Really hope this helps you guys out - good luck!

B

---
Edit: I had to re-install from the CD - using the standard versions of Pro-Tools and the FastTrack driver (long story). This time it worked fine.. i honestly think people just need to re-install flash to resolve any conflicts that affect QuickStart..that's it. No patch needed as far as i know!?

Last edited by barrax; 05-26-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Update...
Old 05-27-2011, 10:06 PM

thanks!
I actually just got it to work. I ended up uninstalling Pro Tools...then I installed the Patch and then I reinstalled Pro Tools and now...it works!

Phewwww.....