Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2003, 03:19 PM

Default worse and worse every day. LE Mbox truly BLOWS!

&*^%$^%&%* white noise screeches out of my monitors at full volume 6 times per day in between fucgin usb holding off audio errors and those are in between cpu holding off interupt errors.

I just upgraded to 6.1.2 hoping that would help. In the first (&*^% 20 seconds of recording i got the deafening white noise again!!!!

So pissed it is a wonder i don't walpaper this place with the shattered mbox.

Why does this have suck soooooo much?

This white noise screech has been talked about for months. Why is it still a problem?
imac G4 700, os 10.2.8 PT 6.1.2
recording to internal IDE drive.

www.tompaul.com
Old 11-17-2003, 03:59 PM

Default Re: worse and worse every day. LE Mbox truly BLOWS!

i just downloaded the firmware update 2.0 and zapped the mbox. Now it seems to happen more often that i get the white noise!
literally every 10 minutes now. Unusable piece of crap. What is the deal!!!!?????!??!!?!?!?!?!

www.tompaul.com
Old 11-17-2003, 04:38 PM

That doesn't sound like normal operation, have you contacted digidesign directly? Sounds like you need to give them a call.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:38 PM

Default Re: worse and worse every day. LE Mbox truly BLOW

are you usung waves plugins?
Old 11-17-2003, 04:46 PM

I used to have an Mbox which I ran on a G3 iBook (600Mhz, dual USB ports). I found that it made a big difference as to which port I plugged it into.

Just a thought . . .
Old 11-17-2003, 04:57 PM

no waves, i'll try a different usb port, as silly as that sounds.

Thanks for the responses. I called digi but their mbox tech line was overwhelmed (i wonder why) they said they couldn't take my call.
i wonder if
NNNNUUUUUEEEEENNNNDDDDOOOOOOO....................i s any better

www.tompaul.com
Old 11-17-2003, 07:59 PM

Tomcat,

I have had similar problems with the mbox on my g3 800 iBook since installing LE 6.0. I downloaded the ableton live 3.0 demo last week and I'm floored by it's performance and stability... so I sold my mbox. I will now be using live for all my looping and hard disk recording needs. No offence to Digi, because honestly, I didn't even have the patience to call tech support about my issues with the mbox. Live just seems to be a better fit for the type of recording and composition I'm doing. It just works!

-Kevin

http://qchapter.com/
Old 11-17-2003, 09:15 PM

Location: From: Trinidad (Humboldt Co.); living: somewhere between Chicago and St.Louis...

Dude, I'd have to agree about Live. This is one truly sick program...I've been using it for (almost) everything: composition, loop construction, and a performance instrument. I love it...and it gets even sicker when I ReWire it into PT! This combo is a killer one-two punch.
About your mBox...this doesn't sound like normal behavior to me...you might even have a hardware problem. I'd definitely call Digi TechSupport if I were you...
Old 11-17-2003, 09:56 PM

About your mBox...this doesn't sound like normal behavior to me...you might even have a hardware problem. I'd definitely call Digi TechSupport if I were you...

[/QUOTE]

Well actually I doubt it was hardware trouble because it worked fine in os9. I just find Live to be much more immediate and creative way to create. I sold the mBox for cash to purchase the maudio firewire 410, which will be my interface for Live and Reason.

-Kevin

http://qchapter.com/
Old 11-18-2003, 02:04 PM

Come on DIGI!!! this is getting old. It must be a clocking error, because the fix is toggle the clock/input source in the hardware setup. Please let me know you are working on this.

Y'all make Live sound great. I will try it, but my main activity is sound for film, not music. Sounds great though.

www.tompaul.com