How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 01-25-2019, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Pro tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausiii View Post
Who said that the DAE has been rewritten? Can‘t find that information.
The DAE (Digidesign Audio Engine) was rewritten to become 64bit AAE (Avid Audio Engine) and that was all over the internet when PT11 came along which was the beginning of PT beeing a 64bit app.

Google this and you will find the info on many places.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-25-2019, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1524 View Post
No joke. If Studio One can support VST, VST3 and AU plugins, then please explain to me like I'm a 5 year old child why the arguably most pro DAW out there, Pro Tools, can't?
Windows doesn't have AU, therefore PT won't either.

VST automation sucks, therefore, because it is sub-standard PT won't ever use it.

Haven't you noticed that PT is developed with big desks (automation controllers really) in mind?
Old 01-25-2019, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
The DAE ( Digidesign Audio Engine ) was rewritten to become 64bit AAE ( Avid Audio Engine ) and that was all over the internet when PT11 came along which was the beginning of PT beeing a 64bit app.

Google this and you will find the info on many places.

No, i meant rewritten AGAIN!
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2020.11
Avid S1
Avid Dock
Avid Control
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Catalina
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Old 01-25-2019, 03:20 AM

An absolute disappointment again from Avid.

I could write a long post expressing my sentiments about this, but it won't make a difference at all. Avid keeps putting nails in their coffin with their incompetence (or it is intended...even worse) to deliver what paying customers need.
Who needs a crappy new app after all....Avid Link???? Seriously.....that was the problem?
I lost my confidence and i had some hope that the new CEO would lead the company to the right direction....obviously not. Many users talk negative and are quite disappointed too....
When my plan expires, will definitely not renew ...don't want to support this company anymore, i think i gave the chance last year.....but it doesn't worth it...and got tired waiting for them to deliver.... nah...

Cheers!
Old 01-25-2019, 04:08 AM

I guess it all comes down to your needs.
I work in post production and I'm very happy about the possibility of voice packs.
My current feature film mix session has over 450 tracks in it and I can only hear all of them on an HDX2 (or higher) system.
Depending on the price, I'd be fine with purchasing voice packs to allow me to hear all my tracks with just my HD Native PT Ultimate system.
To be perfectly honest, for me this is a much more desirable 'feature' than (for example) midi improvements or ARA integration.
5,1 Mac Pro, 3.46 GHz Six Core Xeon, 48gb ram, Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.6, HD Native card, Avid 192io interface, Avid 96io, Intensity Pro video card, Radeon HD 7950 graphics card, Mac OS Monterey 12.6.7.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:24 AM

The interesting thing other DAWs provide high trackcounts for FREE...
Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic, Studio One and more...

Only Avid is again on the special position... They want money, if you want to use more Tracks (Voices)... I don΄t know, what Avid is doing with all the money of the yearly Support and Update plans... But it seems, its not enough... They need more money. So they sell Voices... I repeat, they sell Voices (Tracks)... Sry this is ridiculous... I use Protools Ultimate (happy with it) and pay the fees for my licences, but i think this step is not good...We are all waiting for features (Track folders, ARA2 Support and more and more), but the only thing, they provide is in app purchase, for a feature, which all other DAWs provide for free... I know PT2019 will get some nice additions in midi...

But to sell track counts, is like a P2W mobile Game...and this in a software,which costs 2499 Dollars+400 Dollars every year... So the only phrase, i can say is: WTF
Old 01-25-2019, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
We are all waiting for features (Track folders, ARA2 Support and more and more), but the only thing, they provide is in app purchase, for a feature, which all other DAWs provide for free..
Maybe that's why they don't deliver IMO, that way, they keep people on paying annual fees, with the hope that someday certain features will delivered OR they simply can't develop for whatever reason (not of my concern TBH)...both scenarios are equally lame. Anyways, whatever they put on table during 2019, it is the last year for me, i'm so tired of this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
So the only phrase, i can say is: WTF
I concur!
Old 01-25-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiz View Post
an absolute disappointment again from avid.

I could write a long post expressing my sentiments about this, but it won't make a difference at all. Avid keeps putting nails in their coffin with their incompetence (or it is intended...even worse) to deliver what paying customers need.
Who needs a crappy new app after all....avid link???? Seriously.....that was the problem?
I lost my confidence and i had some hope that the new ceo would lead the company to the right direction....obviously not. Many users talk negative and are quite disappointed too....
When my plan expires, will definitely not renew ...don't want to support this company anymore, i think i gave the chance last year.....but it doesn't worth it...and got tired waiting for them to deliver.... Nah...

Cheers!
👍🏻
Old 01-25-2019, 08:25 AM

This is fantastic news! Avid finally understood, that once you have lost your reputation, you can do as you please! This opens up completely new revenue models for them and the company will surely do better soon! I'm really looking forward to the new Advertisement-free-pack I am a permitted to upgrade to soon!
Old 01-25-2019, 08:27 AM

I need the voices, but I am annoyed by having to pay on top of the annual fee. Adobe adds features to their flagship software, and you get them for your annual fee.