Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2018, 11:24 AM

Default DSP Quattro 5 demo questions

Having had a goodly amount of time with DSP Quattro 4 I thought I'd grab the demo of Quattro 5. Interesting program with the changes Stefano made. And there's a couple I'm not nuts about. The first is the waveform rendering in the edit screen; if I zoom in to see a few cycles of a waveform the waveform becomes a bunch of broken lines that generally follow the non-zoomed in waveform. And if I zoom in further the waveform looks like something out of an additive synthesis vi with thin vertical spikes of varying levels that approximate the waveform. Poor quality if one is expected to do any editing.

That brings me to my second point - what happened to the pencil tool from Q4? It was great for making corrections without having to call up iZotope rx6 and then bring the file back into Quattro. Can't query the help file as there isn't one for the demo. And no manual download either on the website.

Lastly another that drives me nuts: when trying to make a selection when I let go of the mouse button the start and end times of the selection change.

Is this part of the demo or what? I thought the only demo limitation is no data can be written to disk.

BTW I'm testing this in an OSX 10.12.6 test partition on my cheesegrater. I know q5 is written to take advantage of the new stuff in High Sierra but El Crapitan is listed as the minimum OSX needed so I would figure that Sierra would work okay.

QAPLA!
Old 09-23-2018, 12:47 PM

Default Re: DSP Quattro 5 demo questions

A couple of days ago I dropped Stefano an email asking about this. In the past I've emailed him and have never gotten a response one way or the other.

QAPLA!