Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-17-2016, 02:48 PM

Default Activate Message keeps popping up

Hello, I own the license to Pro Tools 11. I have had problems repeatedly. Here's an example:

I insert my iLok, and I get the "Activate" prompt window. I proceed to un-insert and re-insert my iLok in a combination of manners, some of which include the connection or disconnection of a USB MIDI keyboard controller. Suddenly, Pro Tools decides to access the license on my iLok, and, voila! It turns on and does what it's supposed to. I use Logic every time I get a session or a live recording gig because I have never been able to rely on Pro Tools to start up and work as expected. The only time I ever used it on a session, it stopped recording in the middle of a live performance telling my my 2.7 GHz processor and 16 GB of Ram was overloaded with no other apps running and 5 audio tracks in the session with no plug ins. I really want to form a relationship with Pro Tools so I may be savvy to the industry standard and, thus, reduce my personal limitations as an engineer and producer, but I get too frustrated with and frightened of Pro Tools as I have yet to achieve the flawless operations I have heard rumored across the circles in which I move. I would love to rely on Pro Tools as it offers far more potential as an engineering tool than Ableton or Logic, but I need your help to take these steps. Since manuals offer no provision for glitches, I must turn to the experienced, friendly ears of the community, and I look forward to resolving all my personal issues with Pro Tools in order that I may begin to utilize its limitless capabilities. Thank you for reading this, and I hope to hear from those who can help soon.
Old 01-20-2016, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Activate Message keeps popping up

Welcome to the community.

Where are you connecting the iLok? Have you tried different ports? Any trouble with other devices?

Also, can you please provide additional system info? Check out the Help Us Help You page (link in header).