Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2016, 08:51 PM

Default Can't Download Pro Tools LE Crossgrade

Hey. I'm not exactly sure where to put this issue, as it's my first post here, but I'm having a problem.
I bought the Pro Tools LE Software (Activation Card) Crossgrade from Musician's Friend, and I've already activated it onto my iLok (2nd Gen), but whenever I try to activate and download it to my computer from the Avid website, I keep getting the "Perpetual Product - On Hold" and it wants me to put the Hardware and Serial Number, but I either can't find it, or don't have one.

I've tried watching the tutorial videos on the Avid website, but it hasn't helped me at all.

EDIT: To clarify, what I bought got me a 1-year subscription and PT 9,10,11, and 12 (I think). I'm also running Windows 10, if that helps.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Can't Download Pro Tools LE Crossgrade

I'm not following exactly what you are have/are doing here. What exactly did you buy... what exact product name/SKU?

Upgrades from Pro Tools LE require the serial number of the Avid or Digidesign audio interface that licenses that version of Pro Tools LE. It's a serial number label somewhere on the interface. If you don't have such an interface, or its serial number has been used in a crossgrade before to Pro Tools then you are SOL (go back to the seller and see if they can refund you).

Even with a qualifying serial number to upgrade from, what you purchased will certainly not get you Pro Tools 9,10,11, and 12. It might get you Pro Tools 10 and 12, or 12 only, i'm not sure. And I suspect you purchased a perpetual crossgrade not an annual license. You better work that out and make sure your computer etc. is compatible with whatever Pro Tools systems you want to use.

A great place normally to start is to ask for help from the dealer who sold you stuff.

Next time I would call Sweetwater or somebody similar and talk with a live sales rep -- they can talk you though all this stuff, it is confusing first time round.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:08 PM

Welcome to the community.

Darryl is correct, that Crossgrade is for Pro Tools LE System owners and requires LE hardware (like an Mbox 2) to complete the activation.

Do you own an LE system?
Old 01-07-2016, 05:32 PM

No, I don't own an LE system... Did I just mess up and buy the wrong product? I don't actually need a full version of Pro Tools to activate this, do I?
Old 01-07-2016, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_shutler View Post
No, I don't own an LE system... Did I just mess up and buy the wrong product? I don't actually need a full version of Pro Tools to activate this, do I?
You absolutely brought the wrong product, "LE crossgrade" should be a clue. Call back your retailer and see if they can take it back or sell you the right things you need -- likely a full license, or an annual subscription. Talk to somebody live who can (hopefully) help you.