Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 03-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Default Anyone here using PT8 and Procontrol with no loss of Channel Matrix ??

There's definitely a problem with PT 8 and the lost of channel Matrix. It's reported on the Procontrol users group. Any windows PT8 with Procontrol NOT experiencing this problem ???

Try this test, let say you have a Procontrol + Fader Pack ( 16 channels )

-Start a session with 24 audio tracks, your faders will, by default, be on channel 1-16.

-Select tracks 1-2-3/9-10-11/17-18-19 using the Channel Matrix ( so the first 3 lights of the first 3 row should be lit ).

-Now simply hit the bank button so Procontrol faders will get channel 9-24...By doing so, you will experience the lost of channel Matrix 9-10-11 ( lights will turn off )
Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Anyone here using PT8 and Procontrol with no loss of Channel Matrix ??

Oh, I've never tried that. It's really broken. I use track show hide and markers to mix. That sucks.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Anyone here using PT8 and Procontrol with no loss of Channel Matrix ??

Digi Status?... I submitted this 2 months ago under a service contract.
Old 04-22-2009, 06:26 PM

I must say Digi support has become worse and worse over the years and now it's getting to a point where it's totally pathetic. I sent in a report 2 months ago, just got an email from them TODAY saying '' we'll look into it ''.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo View Post
I must say Digi support has become worse and worse over the years and now it's getting to a point where it's totally pathetic. I sent in a report 2 months ago, just got an email from them TODAY saying '' we'll look into it ''.
Where are you located and how did you submit your report?

I have this logged for a fix, but I don't have any specific information about when a fix can be expected. I'll try to find out today and reply as soon as I have anything useful.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 AM

I live in Montreal. I used to be able to call and get someone on the phone within 5-10 min. Now, unless you want to wait over an hour with long distance fee ticking or send in a report and wait for MONTHS. Neither alternatives are very appealing !!!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Avid

I looked up your record - I show a 3/29 email from you which went to customer service (which is why it may have taken so long), but the message doesn't appear to be about any bug you were reporting, but rather about an update.

That is the only message I see from the email address in your profile here on the DUC. If you submitted it under a different email address, can you let me know what it is or give me the confirmation number you would have received when you submitted your report?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:35 PM

Working fine here, no fader pack though, just the main.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:39 PM

Hi RyanC

Would you try pressing Master Faders and returning back to faders. Do you lose Channel Matrix functionally for fader one or any others?

Thanks

M
Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 PM

That is a bug, the first 8 stopped working. I never use master faders, they used o give me issues with parrallel busses and delay comp, that might be fixed now, but I just got used to keeping my gain staging good without them so. . .