Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-08-2015, 02:55 AM

Default Drag and drop issue

Hello,

While I drag sounds from the workspace, soundminer or even the finder the clip is not the one I drag but always the same sound truncated to the time corresponding of the sound dragged. On certain sounds it works but the transfered sounds are in a new folder "Unsorted Files" in the PT Session's Audio Files.

It begins to be tricky, I edit sound for a movie and can't work! Sometimes I can drag and drop, sometimes not.

I trashed the PT preferences and all the stuff that has to be trashed. But it doesn't work. I uninstalled and installed again PT (clean install), and it works again but only during several hours…

What can I do ? Any help really really appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-16-2015, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Drag and drop issue

I'm having the same problem - sometimes when I drag in fromWorkspace it simply doesn't import the new file, sometimes it imports one named that way but with a previous sfx inside instead.

It's not a 100% issue - sometimes drag and drop will behave itself for a day, and then suddenly this problem will arise. The problem also happens with drag/drop from an external source like BaseHead.

It feels like a PT bug related to caching? Has anyone found a workaround or a way of resetting?

I think this only started with the upgrade to 11.2.2 incidentally...