How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2018, 06:12 PM

Default Multiple Error messages in Pro Tools

Hi -

I'm getting all sorts of "Authorization Std Exception" error messages when running Pro Tools:

"Machine Control cannot run, because an error occurred. No more data to read"
"Pro Tools prerelease cannot run, because an error occurred. No more data to read"
"HEAT cannot run, because an error occured. TAsioWriteHandler::write(): Retries exhausted. Socket closed by remote host or out of resources."
"Pro Tools 12 cannot run, because an error occured. No more data to read."
"Live Sound Production Toollkit cannot run, because an error occured. TAsioWriteHandler::write(): Retries exhausted. Socket closed by remote host or out of resources."

I did reach out to ilok support, and their advice was to uninstall the ilok manager, and install the newest version. Did that, and still seeing error messages, and cpu usage for Pace Services is up to 25% now.

I searched for similar posts with these errors multiple times and read a few different forums for solutions. I've done those including disabling the power management of USB devices, and also making sure I have the latest version of ilok manager as I mentioned before. Any help is greatly appreciated to resolve this.

Computer specs b/c Sandra says my configuration isn't compatible:
Custom built computer
Processor: Intel i5-4670k (overclocking to 4.4 ghz)
Windows 7 Ultimate
Pro Tools 12.5
RAM: 16gb
Attached peripherals: Oxygen 49 MIDI keyboard, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 interface, ilok3
Drives: 256gb SSD for system and programs, separate Seagate Barracuda 3tb 7200rpm hard drive for Pro Tools sessions and samples

Thanks in advance!