Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2018, 03:32 PM

Default Control surfaces that can do MIDI and automation?

I want a control surface that is able to write Pro Tools automation and be able to switch to MIDI CC automation.

I know this has been talked about many times over the years, bit I still can't find a definitive answer. I think it's because a lot of the discussions I've seen people jump in and say various things without being clear on what DAW they are using.

I like the AVID Artist Mix, PreSonus FaderPort 8, and the iCon Platform M. Can any of these do what I'm asking?

I believe the Platform M can, but it can only load one imap layout at a time so to switch from DAW automation to MIDI automation you would have to remap the controller everytime.