Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools 2018

Old 05-08-2018, 02:06 PM

Default Re: „AAE -9173 error“ - the biggest pro tools workflow killer over the last years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobogura View Post
I was told this by a fairly big plugin company. You can try it or yourself if you create just one track in the session and put some heavy plugins on that track, then check system usage. It will mainly use just one core/thread. Pro tools will use some of the neighbouring cores for the mixer etc..
hmmm, yes, many Tracks with less plug ins on each track are less critical than less tracks with a lot of plug ins on each track.

But for the mix bus problem it makes no difference when splitting plug ins chains in AUXes which are in the same chain.

That is what I call the "mixbus" - 9173 error. because all signal goes through it.
When I move some of the plug ins from the mix bus to some tracks in the session everything works fine in my sessions. but I need the plug ins on the mix bus :)
and it makes no difference to move some mix bus plug ins to another AUX which is after the or bevor the mix buss where all the same signal is routed.

hope you understand what I mean :)
Old 05-08-2018, 02:10 PM

Default Re: „AAE -9173 error“ - the biggest pro tools workflow killer over the last years

So, please vote for my entry in the PT Idea Scale

https://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd...ze/309189-3779

thank you all !
Old 05-08-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
But for the mix bus problem it makes no difference when splitting plug ins chains in AUXes which are in the same chain.
Hey Franklyn

This is the opposite of my experience. My system chokes and certainly gets the 9073 because of the build up of intensive CPU plugins on my master bus as you describe, but the solution for me, is to spread those plugins over multiple daisy-chained auxes. Its quite observable, the difference it makes if I do this looking at the Total CPU usage window.

Its definitely strange that this doesn't work for you, as it has been the silver bullet to solving "most" of my 9073 errors. That and I never mix below 512 buffer size.

Forrester
Old 05-09-2018, 10:37 AM

Ive had very good luck with "turboboostswitcher" app.
if youre MBP, the turbo boost throws spikes and I got the 91xx for YEARS

still get -6xxx.. but no -9

and can run the cpu up at 80-90% with Ozone etc

PT 2019.5, macpro 12 core trashcan 64 gigram, MBP i7 9,1 16gig ram OS 10.12.3.. TB UA Apollo16 SSD's [samsung],
Old 05-09-2018, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectifried View Post
Ive had very good luck with "turboboostswitcher" app.
if youre MBP, the turbo boost throws spikes and I got the 91xx for YEARS

still get -6xxx.. but no -9

and can run the cpu up at 80-90% with Ozone etc
Same here. It's the only thing I've tried that's actually worked. Also, my fans kick on a lot less.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsavell View Post
Hey Franklyn

This is the opposite of my experience. My system chokes and certainly gets the 9073 because of the build up of intensive CPU plugins on my master bus as you describe, but the solution for me, is to spread those plugins over multiple daisy-chained auxes. Its quite observable, the difference it makes if I do this looking at the Total CPU usage window.

Its definitely strange that this doesn't work for you, as it has been the silver bullet to solving "most" of my 9073 errors. That and I never mix below 512 buffer size.

Forrester
Is it possible that you work on a PT HDX with DSPs?
The DSP Mixer has some different behavior, because everytime you interrupt the DSP signal with native Plug Ins you get aditional latency and system buffer. so may be this is a aditional problem of the DSP ProTools.

This is the reason why I switch to native PT. I used DSP untill HD.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankin View Post
Same here. It's the only thing I've tried that's actually worked. Also, my fans kick on a lot less.
I don't normally buy into the hype on these types of solutions, but I was losing my mind with -9173 on a session with 35% usage. Did all the optimization routines and nothing helped until I used TURBO BOOST SWITCHER! I have 7 inserts on my master aux as well (PA, Waves, Slate, Izotope etc).
Avid OMNI+Artist Mix
Old 06-02-2018, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedelario View Post
I don't normally buy into the hype on these types of solutions, but I was losing my mind with -9173 on a session with 35% usage. Did all the optimization routines and nothing helped until I used TURBO BOOST SWITCHER! I have 7 inserts on my master aux as well (PA, Waves, Slate, Izotope etc).
I tried this. With turbo boost off the performance is getting worser. because the system has less CPU power.

this special AAE 9173 is definitively a problem of the bus/aux structure in the AAE. my test sessions makes the same problems at waves support and Avid support.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedelario View Post
Hey dwaynedelario,

do you have most of waves plug ins?
so I can upload a little test session (without audiofiles). and i am sure you have the same problems with it :)
in the session are the following waves plug ins:
Sheps 73
Kramer Pie
H-EQ
NLS
H-Delay
H-Reverb
Kramer Tape
Abbey Road Vinyl
DPR-402
CODEX
sheps parallel particles
Greg Wels Mix Centric
Maserati GRP
ProLimiter (Avid)
Old 06-02-2018, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklyn View Post
Hey dwaynedelario,

do you have most of waves plug ins?

so I can upload a little test session (without audiofiles). and i am sure you have the same problems with it :)

in the session are the following waves plug ins:

Sheps 73

Kramer Pie

H-EQ

NLS

H-Delay

H-Reverb

Kramer Tape

Abbey Road Vinyl

DPR-402

CODEX

sheps parallel particles

Greg Wels Mix Centric

Maserati GRP

ProLimiter (Avid)

I am curious post it in dropbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

W10 Pro / X99 / E5-1650v3 / 64GB ECC / nVidia P1000 / ASUS TB3 AIC
PT HDX1 / OMNI / HD IO 16x16 / 11R / Kontakt Kontrol S49 / Artist Transport and Mix / UAD OCTO Satellite, Apollo Twin MKII &, x8P Thunderbolt

[Late 2013 10.14 MacBook Pro]