Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2008, 01:33 AM

Default HELP/Session Must be on an Audio Record Volume

I just purchased Pro-Tools LE7 and the Digidesign Mbox2. I installed the software and downloaded the update for Leopard. In addition, I used the Disk Utility to reformat my drive as Mac OS Extended. I followed the directions in the Getting Started Manual regarding starting a new session. I tried opening a new session and got the message "Session must be on an audio record volume. If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to "R" (record in the workspace)." So, I went to the workspace and tried to change the A columns to "R". I then got the message "Audio Drive 1 cannot be designated as an Audio Record Volume because it is not a valid audio volume." The external hard drive that I am using is a Western Digital FireWire My Book Studio Edition. Does any body have any suggestions?
Processor Speed: Dual 1.42 GHz
Number of CPUs: 2
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
L3 Cache (per CPU): 2 MB
Memory: 512 MB
M-Audio Products: Pro-Tools LE7 Version 7.4.2, Digidesign Mbox 2
External peripherals: FireWire hard drive (Western Digital My Book Studio Edition)