Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-16-2009, 09:22 PM

Angry Pro Tools 8.0.1 - hangs at Structure or Hybrid after launching

Pro Tools 8.0.1, CRASHES AND PROBLEMS...?

Well maybe there is something else going on in my PC or Digi002 hardware (not likely as everything was working just fine.............) but I just downloaded Pro Tools 8.0.1 updater and after installing PT would not boot up!

After running the installer, the app was loading plug-ins and kept freezing up on the hybrid.dpm so what could I do? I uninstalled PTLE8.01 and came back around again after deleting drivers/plugs etc and defraged, ran registry cleaners (blah blah bah etc etc...) and went to re-install PT8 and try to do a rebuild but now PT hangs on Structure.dpm and won't start!

This is not good! not good at all!

Anyone with a solid clue, please I need some guidance to get back in the game here.

I am running XP PRO/SP3 with 4GB's Ram/ AMD Dual Core fyi.
thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.1, a free software update that provides CRASHES AND PROBLEMS...?

if you dont use structure at all, or if its not that important to you, what you can do is remove it from your plug-ins folder by following this path:

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins"

it could be that the structure.dpm file is corrupt.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.1, a free software update that provides CRASHES AND PROBLEMS...?

Are you sure you haven't let IE8 install? If so, that is likely your issue.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-17-2009, 08:58 AM

Hi Kory as described PT hangs on both hybrid.dpm & Structure.dpm.
Could both plugs corrupt so quickly?

Hi Tom yes I have IE8 installed but everything was fine before I ran the new Pro Tools 8.0.1 updater.

Is this a known issue with only
8.0.1? Under pt8.0 everything ran perfectly as of yesterday
Old 09-17-2009, 09:05 AM

This is a known issue with the latest versions of those plugins. Is it possible that you were using older versions when you were using 8.0?

The recommendation from Digidesign is not to use Internet Explorer 8 on any Pro Tools systems at the present time. I would follow that advice until they get it sorted.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 09-17-2009, 09:11 AM

Is Tamara Home? She was home before

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 09-17-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by halipino View Post

Hi Tom yes I have IE8 installed but everything was fine before I ran the new Pro Tools 8.0.1 updater.

Is this a known issue with only 8.0.1? Under pt8.0 everything ran perfectly as of yesterday
Please uninstall IE8. Go back to 7. There are interactions that can differ with every installation. If for some reason you feel you will need a browser on your DAW, go get Firefox or Chrome.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-17-2009, 09:42 AM

Next time, save yourself a lot of aggravation by haing a backup plan. Mine is to clone the system drive to a spare drive before running any update. This way if the update goes sour(and I feel your pain) you can swap the drive and go back to work. Another otpion is to save a drive image that you can restore from. Axronis True Image is what I use but there are other options(even some free ones).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-17-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Next time, save yourself a lot of aggravation by haing a backup plan. Mine is to clone the system drive to a spare drive before running any update. This way if the update goes sour(and I feel your pain) you can swap the drive and go back to work. Another otpion is to save a drive image that you can restore from. Axronis True Image is what I use but there are other options(even some free ones).
This is great advice. Do it before any change is made to you system (or any other) drive. We image at the end of each working day.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 09-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Avid

As indicated, the problem is with IE8 and reverting back to IE7 should fix it.

I've edited the thread title for clarity.