Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 12-30-2003, 06:46 PM

Default Faders Locking on me HELP

All of a sudden my faders on the C24 are locking on me, i can't really move them. There is no automation either. When I move faders with the mouse in the software all is fine and smooth. So it seams like PT to the C24 is Fine, but C24 to PT is having the problem. Every fader is acting like this. Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Faders Locking on me HELP

Hardnox,
When you say the faders are locked, what exactly do you mean? Are all faders all the way down? Is your console on line and communicating properly with your Pro Tools CPU? (Mac or Windows?) Please tell us your equipment set up.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:17 PM

OKAY...I figured it out. I got a Blue Phosphor Lamp for X-mas. I just put it in the studio today, next to the C24. Just a second ago I thought "what is the only thing that changed in here since the problem. I turned the lamp off and the faders work normally now. WOW. We even turned it on held it away and then slowly brought it closer to the C24 and the faders began tweeking out as the lamp got closer. How does this affect the faders? Interesting. I'll have to find a new place for the lamp.
Old 12-30-2003, 07:37 PM

That's funny! Sounds like some Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) or Electro Magnetic Interference (EMI) is messing with the C24. Anyway, glad all is working now.
az
Old 02-08-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Faders Locking + Blue Phosphor Lamp??

What is a "Blue Phosphor Lamp"??
Is that similar to neon (with hum?) or fluorescent lights?
ALSO, Is it a desk lamp? a table lamp? a floor lamp?

Stuff like this CAN really mess with studio gear.

I just bought two unusual lamps:
1) Some cute neon thing (from a drug store). (Haven't plugged it in yet.)
2) A full-spectrum light desk lamp. (It definitely adds a buzz to my phone calls.)

I also bought some small-lamp fluorescents. And although I know that fluorescents are generally a bad idea in studios (audible hum and/or induced hum into the AC lines, etc.), I thought I'd try these energy-saving lamps to see whether they would cause noise. (I haven't tested them yet around studio gear.) Some of them have audible hum, others do not, or it's so small that I haven't noticed!

I'm looking forward to seeing more LED lamps, and finding out their effects -- if any -- on audio.

I have some bizarre stories to tell about the effects of various AC on audio or computer screens, but not now. (Gotta get going.)