Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-28-2016, 02:19 PM

Default Pro Tools 12.6.1 When???

I think it's about time. Avid should release it today or Monday, shouldn't they?
Old 10-28-2016, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.6.1 When???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianduarte View Post
I think it's about time. Avid should release it today or Monday, shouldn't they?
may i ask, what makes you think they Should Release an Update at any given time ??? especially today or monday ???

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.14.6 - PT 2019.6 Ended here ..
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 10-28-2016, 05:14 PM

I think they take about a month after the release to come with a fix. Just a thought.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:22 PM

Default Pro Tools 12.6.1 When???

Hopefully it will fix the midi latency issue....if it does I will probably jump on it....

I went on to 10 after 10.3 was released. Then to 11 way after 11.3 was released ...so this would be considered early for myself.....but looks promising especially on Mac OS 10.12
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
may i ask, what makes you think they Should Release an Update at any given time ??? especially today or monday ???

cheers john
Because they don't work on weekends?
Old 10-28-2016, 09:10 PM

I cannot blame the OP for asking

.., these releases seem to take forever when it comes to fixing the multitude of bugs that is plaguing Pro Tools , and rather than having the new releases fixing the bugs, they only seem fix a few and then re-introduce some new ones .., like a two steps forward one step back routine

I am guessing the OP is venting with anticipation to just get up and running without all the errors and crashes we have all had to suffer
Pro Tools 2019.6 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.3.0 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D300 2048Mb * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 (Broken !!! - shyte support from Blackmagic Singapore > A-Holes) * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 10-29-2016, 11:40 AM

usually updates are released at the end of months...hope we should see 12.6.1 today or these days
Old 10-29-2016, 01:53 PM

Obviously asking "when" is useless, because Avid won't tell you and those who know must not tell. If you hear something, it is most likely false information.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:45 PM

Avid seriously lack of transparency with their customers. I've been using Pro tools since God knows when, but I am seriously thinking about moving to another software.
It's funny. For me it seems that Avid thinks they are doing us favours, but they are not. We all bought cars without the engine or missing some parts. They sold us something that never works as supposed.

I love Pro Tools just like everyone else does, but HATE AVID.

If they don't know how to treat their customers, or even if they don't want to, please, sell PRO TOOLS to some other company, please. I keep thinking Pro Tools should be from Universal Audio. That company for sure respects their customers and they really try to do the right thing. Pro Tools only worked when it belonged to Digidesign.

If I was in the US, I would really sue them. I would ask all the money I've put on their junk back with lot's of interest for all the trouble they caused me for so long and for keeping selling things that never works as supposed. Who would sell something that doesn't work??? **** this damn ****.

Unfortunately I have lot's of money invested on their stuff, even more because their **** cannot be used with other softwares. hahahaha. I think I'm done with this ****.

I cannot stand this any longer.

I hate myself for loving Pro Tools so much. They don't deserve the customers they have because they DO NOT respect us.

SELL PRO TOOLS TO SOME OTHER COMPANY PLEASE AND SET US FREE FROM YOU AVID FROM HELL, and focus on the things that really matter to you. Set us free of these endless mistakes you make and the misinformation. Focus on your millionaire hardware for movie and your other piece of ****!

I really hope they have what they deserve and they flunk as others who behaved like them did. I am really pissed this time!

Sorry all that and for taking your time, but I had to share it with you or I would have a heart attack. My bad mood, maybe, who knows. Maybe I am wrong, but I cannot take this any longer.

AVID is a mistake!!!!!
Old 10-29-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianduarte View Post
Avid seriously lack of transparency with their customers. I've been using Pro tools since God knows when, but I am seriously thinking about moving to another software.
It's funny. For me it seems that Avid thinks they are doing us favours, but they are not. We all bought cars without the engine or missing some parts. They sold us something that never works as supposed.

I love Pro Tools just like everyone else does, but HATE AVID.

If they don't know how to treat their customers, or even if they don't want to, please, sell PRO TOOLS to some other company, please. I keep thinking Pro Tools should be from Universal Audio. That company for sure respects their customers and they really try to do the right thing. Pro Tools only worked when it belonged to Digidesign.

If I was in the US, I would really sue them. I would ask all the money I've put on their junk back with lot's of interest for all the trouble they caused me for so long and for keeping selling things that never works as supposed. Who would sell something that doesn't work??? **** this damn ****.

Unfortunately I have lot's of money invested on their stuff, even more because their **** cannot be used with other softwares. hahahaha. I think I'm done with this ****.

I cannot stand this any longer.

I hate myself for loving Pro Tools so much. They don't deserve the customers they have because they DO NOT respect us.

SELL PRO TOOLS TO SOME OTHER COMPANY PLEASE AND SET US FREE FROM YOU AVID FROM HELL, and focus on the things that really matter to you. Set us free of these endless mistakes you make and the misinformation. Focus on your millionaire hardware for movie and your other piece of ****!

I really hope they have what they deserve and they flunk as others who behaved like them did. I am really pissed this time!

Sorry all that and for taking your time, but I had to share it with you or I would have a heart attack. My bad mood, maybe, who knows. Maybe I am wrong, but I cannot take this any longer.

AVID is a mistake!!!!!
respectfully, have you tried other Software ?? the grass is not always greener on the other side of the Fence ... i have tried several times to use other software and keep coming back to PT (even with all it's faults) ... i have been crushed by other software and had to finish them in PT ..

i feel your pain .. i have been with Digi/Avid since PT III ...

no harm in Venting .. cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.14.6 - PT 2019.6 Ended here ..
Logic Pro X latest version
RME BabyFace Pro