Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2008, 07:04 PM

Angry Corrupt Pro Tools 8 ZIP File

I have just finished my third attempt at downloading the upgrade to protools 8 and each time when i try to unZip the file there are at least 7 corrupt files.

I have used WinRar, 7Zip and the Vista zip tool all to no avail. I even tried repairing the archives with AZR.

Has anyone else had this problem???
Old 12-18-2008, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Corrupt Pro Tools 8 ZIP File

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason13ie View Post
I have just finished my third attempt at downloading the upgrade to protools 8 and each time when i try to unZip the file there are at least 7 corrupt files.

I have used WinRar, 7Zip and the Vista zip tool all to no avail. I even tried repairing the archives with AZR.

Yes. Sunburst had this problem but was able to resolve it. I dont know exactly what he did but hopefully he'll see this and chime in. Here is a quote from him from another discussion:

Quote:
The solution in my case was something like this. The original Zip file that was downloaded with the Digidesign Downloader was marked "read only" for some reason and although I unchecked it and attempted to run the regular Windows Extraction Wizard I got the corrupt file error several times.

After I rebooted the machine the next day it extracted just fine. (Go figure)

I would be curious if anyones elses troublesome extraction/corrupt error was marked "read only".

I'm frankly curious if the error in my case was due to the buisness version of Vista shipping in a more locked down state than Vista Home.

At any rate its up and running here.

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 12-18-2008, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason13ie View Post

You said you have multiple downloads. Were you downloading the new downloads into the same folder with the remnants of failed downloads still in it? That could be confusing the extractor. Did you use the Digidesign down loader or just right click the regular Windows down loader and just save the file?

I had a problem with a corrupt file error on Vista Buisness 32 and by unchecking the "READ ONLY" box and then rebooting allowed me to extract the file using Vistas Extraction tool. It wouldn't work until I rebooted.

You may just have a corrupt download though.

It happens

EDIT: Beat by Shan

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-18-2008, 07:31 PM

Each time i removed the downloaded file to an externat drive and started again so this is three seperate downloads, one downloaded using the digi downloader, one using internet explorer's download tool and one using firefox. 3 seperate dowloads all giving the same errors. Will check the read only status now but I seem to remember checking.

Just annoying at this stage as I'm about 36 hours into sleep deprivation trying to get this working lol.
Itching to try it!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:41 PM

Thumbs down Re: Corrupt Pro Tools 8 ZIP File

! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\data2.cab. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Mini Grand\Mini Grand.big. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Structure Free\01 Studio Drums.patch. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Structure Free\25 Finger Bass.patch. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Structure Free\49 Hybrid Dry N Warm Pad.patch. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Structure Free\60 Sync Attack.patch. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Xpand2\XPand2.big. The file is corrupt
Old 12-19-2008, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
You said you have multiple downloads. Were you downloading the new downloads into the same folder with the remnants of failed downloads still in it? That could be confusing the extractor. Did you use the Digidesign down loader or just right click the regular Windows down loader and just save the file?

I had a problem with a corrupt file error on Vista Buisness 32 and by unchecking the "READ ONLY" box and then rebooting allowed me to extract the file using Vistas Extraction tool. It wouldn't work until I rebooted.

You may just have a corrupt download though.

It happens

EDIT: Beat by Shan
I had sameproblem on vista home where I downloaded it via download manager.
Moved it to vists ultimate machine and it extracted perfect with the win extractor.
if you have user acc control turned on you must give what ever extractor your using admin privillages.

installing as we speak
Old 12-19-2008, 05:16 AM

I was reading through one of the other forums last night and it was mentioned that the solution, (at least for that person), was to download and install the latest version of WinRAR.

You can search for it or just give it a go.. Good luck!

Peace! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shea View Post
I had sameproblem on vista home where I downloaded it via download manager.
Moved it to vists ultimate machine and it extracted perfect with the win extractor.
if you have user acc control turned on you must give what ever extractor your using admin privillages.

installing as we speak
Interesting as I had UAC turned on and do NOT remember having to grant permission. I'll have to see if the file is still on my desktop and run the extracter again If I haven't deleted it.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-20-2008, 06:27 PM

Thumbs down Re: Corrupt Pro Tools 8 ZIP File

Have downloaded the zip on three dofferent machines and each time i get the same corrupt files??? Could it be my download link?
Old 12-20-2008, 06:40 PM

Make sure you are downloading the entire file. I downloaded twice, each time the file was only 2. something GB instead of the full 3. something. I would up using the Download Manager instead of just doing a manual save to disk. That worked for me. Now on to other issues like why I get the BSOD each time I exit PT 8.