Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 09-28-2014, 12:03 PM

Default Using main analog outputs to master a recording

I have been using the 1/4" monitor outputs to powered monitors & bouncing sessions to my computer via fire wire. Now I would like to use the main analog outputs (or alt main outs)(or optical out) to master recordings on a Sony CDR-w33 CD recorder. The problem I'm having is I'm not getting any signal from either output. (no luck w/optical out either) Am I forgetting to turn something on to route the signal to these outputs. I have checked the user's guide and have not found any info on this. From what I've read it (the manual) assumes there is a -10 db line level signal coming from the output, there is not. How do I make this (any of these) output(s) active? Thanks in advance-Billy Bacon.
PS. the only active signal I'm getting(from the digirack) is from the monitor out & The headphones.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Using main analog outputs to master a recording

Need more info here. What interface? What does the Sony have for available inputs? and, more importantly, WHY do you think this will give a better result?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave