Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 PM

Default A problem with project from another comp.

My band recently recorded in a pro studio, and I took the project files home on a disk to edit and mix them from my home studio. I've been working with protools for a little while now, and have been having no trouble mixing down and burning tracks to a CD to test them out.

Now that I'm working with these projects recorded on another computer, settings have gone haywire, options have changed, and I can't burn anything to a disk except as data.

I had been bouncing things with settings as follows:

Bounce Source: Out 1-2 (Stereo)
File Type: WAV
Format: Mono (summed)
Resolution: 16 bit
Sample Rate: 44100

After loading these new project files, the bounce source options are different, so now I only have:
Analog 1-2 S/PDIF L-R (Stereo)
Analog 1 (Mono)
Analog 2 (Mono)

Everything else I seem to be able to set the same. Everything still render as a WAV file, but somehow it is unplayable except on the computer, and it is burnable except as data. Does anyone have a clue how to solve this, and why the problem arose. I will say, the version of protools I have is older than the one at the studio... but everything seems to work fine except for getting it off the computer.

Thank you all.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:09 AM

Default Re: A problem with project from another comp.

Change your I/O settings to the way you normally work. Then see where you are from there.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com