Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-25-2008, 02:44 PM

Default Problem Opening Session - PT Says Plug-in Not Installed

I have been mixing an album in Pro Tools LE 7.3.1, working between a Mac during the day and a WinXP PC in the evening, both with identical PT versions and plug-ins. Normally, the sessions open and translate fine between the Mac and the PC, with all plug-in inserts and settings preserved no matter which platform I'm using.

But a strange thing happened last night when trying to open a session with the Ozone 3 plug-in inserted. I was working on the Mac side, and created a drums submix using Ozone 3 as an insert on a stereo aux input (for multi-band compression). But when trying to open this session later that day on the PC, the session opened, but the Ozone 3 plug-in was disabled with a message stating that the Ozone 3 plug-in wasn't found in the plug-ins folder. Except of course, it WAS installed! So what I had to do was manually re-insert Ozone 3 on to the aux input and load-up a saved preset to restore it.

Not really a big deal, but I'm just trying to figure out why the Windows version of Pro Tools didn't automatically recognize that Ozone was in fact installed, and open the session with it inserted, as it always does with all of my other plug-ins. Any ideas? Does this sound like I need to trash DAE preferences on the Windows machine, or something of the like?

-Alan