Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2013, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Revised Pricing for CPTK to PT HD Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by necjamc View Post
They are not the same. The music production toolkit ( which I own) does not work past version 8. Starting in version 9, all the features that the MPT added were included in the basic program itself and then some. The plugins that came with the kit still work, but you will need to install them separately now. The complete production toolkit is an entirely different (and much more expensive) option.
Thanks Necjamc, then I guess I'm fully screwed since I usually have alot of tracks going on.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sine Factory View Post
Thanks Necjamc, then I guess I'm fully screwed since I usually have alot of tracks going on.
Well actually with 10 or 11 you will have more!! At 44.1 you'll get 96 tracks!! You'll get 48 tracks at 96k. So your good. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-23-2013, 08:19 AM

I'm a bit confused…

I have Pro Tools 10 (Teacher's version) and CPTK. Am I right that if I would like to move to PT 11HD, I have to pay the same that users having the regular Pro Tools 10 and CPTK pay?
Second question, are there any EDU upgrades from PT10HD to PT11HD or just regular upgrades?

Last edited by bad jitter; 06-23-2013 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
I'm a bit confused…

I have Pro Tools 10 (Teacher's version) and CPTK. Am I right that if I would like to move to PT 11HD, I have to pay the same that users having the regular Pro Tools 10 and CPTK pay?
Second question, are there any EDU upgrades from PT10HD to PT11HD or just regular upgrades?
I found this...

E.

2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB / 1TB, macOSX 13.6.6, 2019 i9 MacBook Pro (15,3), macOSX 14.4.1, PT Ulti 2024.3.0, DAR 5.1, MDA Creator1.5, Rx10 Advanced, Ozone 10 Advanced, Kontakt 7, Soundminer v6.1Pro, Spanner 4, PaulXStretch,
EuControl 2023.11.0, Avid Control 2023.11.0, Avid S1, iPad Pros 12.9" gen 3 & gen 4, Apollo 8 Duo, UAD-2 Satellite Quad, Glyph 2TB tb3 NVMe SSD, x2 Glyph 2TB SSDs, x1 Glyph 4TB SSD, OWC tb3 Dock, OWC Thunderbay 8 62TB
Old 06-23-2013, 09:16 AM

As things stand, there is no discount offered for students or teachers with PT10 + CPTK wishing to upgrade to PT11HD. That may change, as Avid are looking into it further.

Initially, Avid said that CPTK was never available as an 'academic' purchase, but we have now demonstrated that it was. I have provided Marianna, as requested, with a complete email and bank statement record showing my purchases on the Digidesign Education Store, including MPTK and CPTK. Someone on the forum also posted a link a few days ago to a site still offering CPTK with academic discount.

I'm pretty sure that Avid will never offer an academic discount from 10HD to 11HD, as HD hardware/software has never been offered with an educational discount.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 06-23-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonopolis View Post
Hello,

can anyone say if there is a statement by Avid whether this is now a one time only offer until the next big release or if this is limited time offer and if so, what the time frame is?

Thanks

I want to know this as well... what is the time frame for upgrades? I'm planning on going PT10/CPTK/003 to PT11HD for $599 and keep using my 003 as the hardware. Who's doing this and are you successful. The other wrinkle I have is a Mac Pro 3,1 Model and Avid says, "Mac Pro model is no longer supported. "Not Supported - Mac Pro 3,1 "Harpertown" models and lower" - is anyone running on this older Mac Pro model and does it work? Are there issues?

Thanks

Lisle
Old 06-23-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmokeaudio View Post
uhhh thanks Bill....for pointing out that the words "iLok.com user ID" are different than "ilok account ID" although they indicate the same thing. Yes I entered the correct information that I use to sign into my ilok account. This isn't my first digi update/upgrade, nor my first time using ilok.com.
Which is why I started my post with, "This may not apply to you ..."
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 06-23-2013, 03:17 PM

hmmm, reading back through this thread ... I noticed the comment about Avid appearing to check that you already have PT registered in your Avid account.

The guy posting seems to be saying that he has two Avid accounts and he tried to register the PT11 upgrade onto an Avid account that did not already have PT10 registered, and it wouldn't let him. But then he tried using his other Avid account, the one that does have PT100 already registered, and all was fine.

I don't want to set any hares running. but we could really do with a definitive statement on this checking for prior registration in your Avid account.

It shouldn't affect me, but this could be a hammer blow for anyone that bought their PT (and CPTK for that matter) licences on the second hand market, as these purchases won't be registered in their Avid accounts. Avid does allow licences to be transferred via iLok, but does not permit transfer between Avid accounts. The licence will always be registered to the original owner's Avid account.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 06-23-2013, 04:28 PM

Two questions ...

The CPTK + PT10 to PT11HD upgrade offer ends when ?

If I do the upgrade, will I still be able to use PT10 with CPTK, or is this combination lost ?

Thanks,

G
Old 06-23-2013, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Two questions ...

The CPTK + PT10 to PT11HD upgrade offer ends when ?

If I do the upgrade, will I still be able to use PT10 with CPTK, or is this combination lost ?

Thanks,

G
When you upgrade to 10HD/11HD you will have both licenses on your iLok so when you use PT10 it is HD and therefor the same as with CPTK hence no need for the CPTK. You get both licenses with this upgrade i.e 11HD aswell as 10HD.

As far as I heard there isn't really a last day update since alot of people who want the upgrade need to save up cash so hardly anytime soon

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————