Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 11-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Default 1 Macbook Pro 3 interfaces

"Bus error" in thread "Main Thread" at address 0x0
I had been using my Macbook Pro with an mbox and am now trying to use it with an 002. Do I need to reload software? I have LE 8 with me.
Thanks for any help.

Macbook running 10.6.8
Old 11-11-2013, 08:02 PM

Default Bus error in thread Main thread

Have really enjoyed the last 5 hours.............
Trashed databases and preferences and reloaded le 8 software and recommended mac updates, have restarted and the same pesky error keeps appearing.

So anyway, anybody with similar joy?
Old 11-11-2013, 08:23 PM

Default Re: 1 Macbook Pro 3 interfaces

If you want useful help here from other users you'll need to do better than making one line cryptic posts that nobody can really follow. And when you say "upgrade" something, upgrade to exactly what. We cannot guess what you are doing or if you are doing something complete right or wrong.

Start with the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above on this page and clearly describe what you are trying to do, with exactly what software and OS versions and describe your Mac hardware (data code/version, CPU clock speed, all the disk drive make/model/specs -- all from the in clear detail from the System Report utility.).

No you *should* not need to reload software to use a 002. But if everything else fails... reinstalling (properly) Pro Tools may fix the problem, has for others in the past.

Answer all the following questions, or say if you don't understand the question.

Do you have a 002 rack or 002 console?

LE 8 -- what *exact* version? You should be using 8.0.5, which needs an 8.0.3 full installer then 8.0.5 update, Get to 8.0.5 before trying to test anything. See details at http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...nload/en393651 and http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=43353. Follow the install instructions (have I mentioned that before?).

You are not trying to install 002 or 002 rack drivers are you? (do not do that drivers come with PT LE).

Be sure to follow the install instructions and fully optimized your system.

Did you do an uninstall with clean option before reinstalling Pro Tools LE 8? If not go do all that again. Follow the Pro Tools install instructions, especially do not have the interfaces connected while you do this install.

If the error still occurs...

How far does Pro Tools get on the splash screen (if at all) before this error?

What third party plugins are installed in Pro Tools? Are they all up to date? That may will be the next suspect.

Paste here say 50 or so lines of the latest Pro Tools crash report from the Console.app utility. I want to at least see some of the top threads running.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:05 AM

I appreciate your reply and will go back and note what I have done or do with greater detail.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:22 AM

Reinstalled both the LE 8 from the disk and the LE 8.0.5 update on my MacBook Pro and THEN (I believe my error the first time) connected the 002 console after the restart. Actually I did the restart and then shutdown so as not to plug the 002 in while either of them was on. All seems to be functioning properly.
Thanks much.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburkeg View Post
Reinstalled both the LE 8 from the disk and the LE 8.0.5 update on my MacBook Pro and THEN (I believe my error the first time) connected the 002 console after the restart. Actually I did the restart and then shutdown so as not to plug the 002 in while either of them was on. All seems to be functioning properly.
Thanks much.
The simple things seem to get a lot of us at one time or another...

Glad you're up and running....

Sparky