Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-28-2009, 10:00 AM

Default Markers linked to audio

Hi I'm wanting to have markers linked to specific places in an audio track - spoken voice - I want to insert silences at many places within the track but still have the markers corresponding to specific spoken words - I'm not seeing how to do this!!

I've read the chapter on markers over and over again but I must be missing something - no matter what I try the markers stay at the same place on the timeline and don't move with the audio.

Help please, Colin

I'm using 7.3
and Melodyne Studio
Old 09-28-2009, 10:04 AM

Default Re: Markers linked to audio

+1
Old 09-28-2009, 03:43 PM

Lets say you have Pro Tools in Shuffle mode and you want to delete a selected section of audio, have everything to the right move up and also have the Markers move up. You have to make the same selection in the Markers Track as in the Audio Track.

Try this:

Place a Marker at the beginning of the section you want to delete - Marker 1 - and a Marker at the end of the section you want to delete - Marker 2. For this purpose, move the track containing the audio you want to delete to the top, right under the Marker Track. Now, click in the Marker Track to the left of Marker 1 so your cursor is blinking in the Marker Track. Tab to Marker 1. Shift Tab to Highlight the space between Marker 1 and Marker 2. Now Hold Down Shift and hit the Semi-Colon Key ";". You should now have the space between Marker 1 and Marker 2 highlighted in the Marker track and in the audio track. Make sure Shuffle is selected and hit Delete. Marker 1 will be deleted as will the space between Marker 1 and Marker 2 and the highlighted audio. Everything to the right on the audio track will move up and Marker 2 will move to Marker 1's position.

Repeat as necessary.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-29-2009, 03:15 PM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for that - I'm wanting to insert silence between sentences - using your suggestions I've found out that by having another empty track open - making a selection then shift clicking in the Marker Track - Copy and Paste in Shuffle mode at the appropriate place in the Audio track - that does the trick.

Using Insert Silence from the Edit Menu doesn't work.

Anyway I'm now able to do what I need to do and that's the main thing

Thanks again, Colin
and Melodyne Studio