Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-13-2002, 08:43 PM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Loudist, thanks for being with me on this. I know it's unusual that you and I would agree on anything, but I know we're both hoping that we can rid this board of MM's mean-spirited, intolerant and bigotted rants. I feel good that you and I on the same page on this one. After all, MM has his own board to handle his cartoon rants, and we will be all the better for it...

right on, Loudist!
Old 07-13-2002, 08:58 PM

Default Re: 2" Transfer into 192--the original timeless classic. Accept no imitations...

Well, why doesn't everyone just chill out. If and when he does the test again, you'll know. If he doesn't, then I there's no reason to carry on, is there?

Living the dream.
Old 07-13-2002, 09:51 PM

Henchman,

I've heard through the grapevine that MM is simply bored with trashing PT. He is no longer deriving entertainment or pleasure from it. He's been searching for something fresh. Something new.

The word on the street is that he's taking on Fairlight next, and that he and Fletcher are currently holding recording industry focus groups to find a humdinger of a derogatory name for Fairlight owners/operators that really stings like the dickens. As a matter of fact, Fletcher has been active as of late on newsgroups relating to Aussie Shriner organizations, searching for interesting Fez cap inscriptions.

Lee Blaske
Old 07-13-2002, 10:19 PM

Lee's right, Hench,

I know that MM and Fletcher were considering referring to your system of choice as "Failright", but felt it wasn't derogatory enough. I agree with Loudist that even that name would be mean-spirited and appear intolerant of other formats. You're welcome here...
Old 07-13-2002, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by loudist:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Mixerman's "I've got nothing to sell you, boys and girls" comment (given the context of the other threads around it) to be a slam on Lynn Fuston
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Lee, I can't answer for MM, but my take on this was not a slam on Lynn, but MM making a point that he has nothing to gain or lose by this.<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I certainly never took it that way. I think it was pointed more toward Digidesign, who is trying to sell HD systems and hardware. MM has no gripe with me of which I am aware. And vice versa.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:50 PM

Another contender still in the running is "Didjeridoosign."

Lee Blaske
Old 07-13-2002, 10:56 PM

Lynn wrote:

Quote:
I certainly never took it that way. I think it was pointed more toward Digidesign, who is trying to sell HD systems and hardware. MM has no gripe with me of which I am aware. And vice versa.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'm glad to hear that. Sometimes it's hard to sort out all the political undercurrents and oblique references.

Lee Blaske
Old 07-14-2002, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Eggman:
Lee's right, Hench,

I know that MM and Fletcher were considering referring to your system of choice as "Failright", but felt it wasn't derogatory enough. I agree with Loudist that even that name would be mean-spirited and appear intolerant of other formats. You're welcome here...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey, "Failright" is my invention. I was the first to mistype it. Hmmm, maybe I should copyright it...

Living the dream.
Old 07-14-2002, 07:20 AM

Woudn't it be great if eggman turned out to be MM?
Old 07-14-2002, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by loudist:
Woudn't it be great if eggman turned out to be MM?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Gosh...you're really getting close now!