Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-05-2002, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Peter & Roy\'s PTLe Shootout 1: ~FINAL RESULTS~

Roy and Peter:

I have not yet listened to any of the entries. My wife and I are having a romantic dinner tonight, having shooed all the kids from the house. That is,believe me, the only possible thing in this world that could have pre-empted my putting the time in to listen to all of it. I will do that first thing tomorrow.

However, I have read much of what you posted and I must say that I am blown away by the amount of thought and effort you two put into judging this competition. Everyone who entered this contest has received a level of constructive criticism that we could not have paid for anywhere else. I hope everyone appreciates the value of this - I know I do.

I'm going to spend a lot of time tomorrow listening to all the different entries and I'll provide some of my own comments, for what it's worth.

I'm honored to have received such high scores in a field of talent such as this one.
Yosemite OS
Old 10-05-2002, 08:06 PM

Roy,
All I'm saying is that if you were 'told to be harsh' then apparently you weren't a leader but a follower. It's not important to me, but that's what I see. When followers make 'harsh' comments, I think it important to point out.

Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Roy Howell:
I'm curious, because we worked very hard on this, and your comment is more unwarranted than me doing my job.
Please answer...I'm curious...

~Roy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 10-05-2002, 08:32 PM

Dear Mark

Since both Roy and I together decided on the approach to this shootout, one has to really stretch the pop-psychology a lot to successfully assign a role to one of us. I am glad you admit that it is not important to you, because it is not important to us either. Your analytical observations are entertaining though. Perhaps you should consider writing a book.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Have a nice day now!
~Peter
Old 10-05-2002, 08:38 PM

It has gotten much too late but i loaded all except those on MP3com ( have no access, once tried didnīt like something about the form there ). I should kick myself out of this thread, cause itīs no place for ingeneers with baby shoes on like me.
But I must say this:

FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
I am blown away. Gee..., incredible, really.

I tried to make notes for me, just according of what my floppy ears simply liked how. It were like three 2 notes with a couple of the threes having one foot in the twos already very much. The only reason for no 1 notes was because of I didnīt know then where to leave the great acts out there in the music world. And concerning the sonics many of the great old records couldnīt hold up with what you guys squeezed out of your equipment, anyway.

This was really a great joy for me to listen at. And not one anyhow bad piece among them.

Iīll listen to them tomorrow again and learn from the comments. And I will later pass this thrilling example on to some of my people who have even less idea of the matter of producing than me but still for certain shall be overwhelmed too. ( Having this - as usually -very well described case by Peter
Quote:
because there are enough people in each of our lives that will lie to us in order to avoid confrontation, or who can honestly not listen to our creations objectively. These include parents, girlfriends, friends, wives and pets.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">too and none at hand to discus my crap with ... And that this wonderfull example might hopefully make understand a little bit better of where I slowly shall approach to. - but even without such aspect will delight them.)
Pardon my English, I am honestly stunned and propably worse with writing then usually.

I pull my head off to you all and bow down till toes.

Rock on guys! YEAH!
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Lalaman
Old 10-05-2002, 08:42 PM

Roy a follower?..Whew!..All I can say is it's a good thing Mark didn't submit something....Things might have gotten really 'harsh' around here.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark_Knecht:
Roy,
All I'm saying is that if you were 'told to be harsh' then apparently you weren't a leader but a follower. It's not important to me, but that's what I see. When followers make 'harsh' comments, I think it important to point out.

Mark

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Roy Howell:
I'm curious, because we worked very hard on this, and your comment is more unwarranted than me doing my job.

~Roy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
Old 10-05-2002, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaman:

I pull my head off to you all and bow down till toes.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">To all those who entered, we could not possibly have put it any better [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Roy & Peter
Old 10-05-2002, 08:52 PM

Quote:
is it's a good thing Mark didn't submit something....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, Mark, I think that was not right. They had to agree on which scale to judge. I also had the impression that they were very, very hard but wouldnīt conclude that way. Iīm sure you didnīt mean it this way.
Sometimes everybody is too fast for a moment.

It would be nice if you forgot both on that, fellows.

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2002, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark_Knecht:
Roy,

Mark

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Roy Howell:

~Roy
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Mark I don't really see where anyone was targeted to harshly at all I think they called them the way they saw them.Also I wanted a constructive critique unbiased and to the point.If I want to here how great I am I can get that from my friends.These guys are pros this is valuable information to me.I have learned a great deal from all of this and I applaud there critiques.In fact thre critque of myself was better than I thought I would get but I do believe they hit me where I know I am week.I enjoyed reading what hey had to say about my submission good and bad.Peter you have another career if you want it.Funny stuff!I totally respect there opinions.If we want fluff it's always available.Thanks Stu [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2002, 09:22 PM

good job everyone! they all sound great. i'll try to make the next one on time. by the way, when is the next one?
Old 10-05-2002, 09:35 PM

Wow.. Just got done listening to some of the other mixes. I am dissappointed and surprised how popular the bring-in-the-drums at the chorus is. My favorite mix that I heard is top1percent (Brad Blocker) mix. Is that a Violin I hear chugging ever so slightly in the backround? simply wonderful. I think it sounds great Brad.
congratulations. Maybe Im just a minor key guy??
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
=-Ben