Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2015, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Strike, Transfuser, Velvet 2.07 Updates here – don’t install Structure 2.07 yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted Music View Post
I'm on 2.0.6.18983

I didn't really use the plugs a lot but I have opened structure and strike and didn't get anything about no content...

I even have my content stored on a Sample Library drive so not in the default place.

tomorrow ill have a look around them a bit more...

Are you saying the entire content files are gone? cause mine are not.

mac osx as shown below.
Yes, the install deletes the content folder, and then says the install is 'Successful'

You are on Mac, so I don't think this issues effects you. I have found a workaround, and also have recorded a video showing exactly what happens, but it will be a few days before I can get to editing it (lots of cursing I have to cut out haha)

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-21-2015, 07:06 AM

Default Re: Strike, Transfuser, Velvet 2.07 Updates here – don’t install Structure 2.07 yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I think you were entitled to that rant, Brian. You're right, that is just inexcusable!
Thanks. In the mean time I have found a workaround that is still kinda painful, but it is workable. I'll have a video on it in a few days (full of more ranting haha) but the process goes like this:

First make a copy of your library for Strike and Structure.

Install Strike 2.0.7

It will say 'Successful' but it deletes the content folder and the saved disk path from your previous install. Don't worry about that.

Now move in (or rename if you made a copy) your backup up Strike content into the disk path you want.

Open PT, Open Strike, it will say "Can't find Content", click the wrench, add the content path, close Strike, open Strike, done. You are now updated to 2.0.7

The same applies to Structure. Have a backup of the content. Install 2.0.7 - it will delete the content, then move the backup content back. Open Structure, Browser, go to the Content, Add it as a favorite, delete the current favorite which is probably the Structure Free content path. Now when you right click to add a patch you can browse your Factory Content.

Again, I will have a video showing everything, even showing the Strike content being deleted during install. But right now I'm in the middle of a clean install of Windows and reinstalling all my plugins and programs - so it will be a few days. The video is really about 90% ranting and 10% information, so not a 'must see' I just want this problem documented with proof because AIR has not responded to this issue.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-21-2015, 12:40 PM

Fortunately my Structure updated with no problems (now there's a surprise!).

For Strike & Transfuser I just installed them on my study PC & copied the .aax & .dll plugins & the content over to the studio PC.

There's obviously something about my system those full installers didn't like as they kept giving my the 'unspecified error' when trying to install them clean on the studio PC. That was after Transfuser had supposedly updated OK (but deleted all its content) & a full uninstall.

Anyway, I'm updated to 2.0.7 & that's me done with AIR. I've wasted too much time & effort on their software. Transfuser STILL gives me the 'missing license for content' when using Kontakt in the same session & I've yet to see if the timing problems with dragging & dropping MIDI to the PT timeline is still an issue and to be quite honest I'm now past caring.

I still find it annoying that AIR marked the install problems as 'solved' when people were still complaining they had the issue. AIR: Shoddy customer service & shoddy programming.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 11-21-2015, 02:26 PM

I advised not using the current Structure 2.0.7 Update, as it deleted my 2.0.6 AAX Plug-Ins from their Folders – that is, rolled back to 2.0.6 minus the AAX Plug-Ins, which left Structure unusable!
As I’d made a copy of my Structure 2.0.6 Plug-Ins and saved them to a separate drive, this let me restore Structure 2.0.6

I’m currently downloading the Structure 2.0.7 full Setup Installer from the AIR Music Tech Beta Forum – will post results when available. Another user has posted “successful install” of the full 2.0.7 Setup on Windows 10:
http://community.airmusictech.com/ai...e-2-05-to-2-06

FWIW, (I’m on Windows 7 Ultimate/SP1), Strike 2.0.7 Update and Structure 2.0.6 installed here (see attached image).

In the meantime, I thought I should post a few of my observations, to save other people’s time and patience:

Before installing Structure, uninstall Structure Free (which comes with Pro Tools).

If installing Structure full Setup on Windows – (right-click) - select Extract files.
To choose the Path for installing Structure (assuming you already have an AIR Music Technology Folder on your Samples drive):
Set the Path to your Samples drive only.
The Installer will find the AIR Music Technology Folder and the AIR Content Folder and install Structure correctly.
If you set the Path to the AIR Music Technology Folder, or to the AIR Content Folder, you'll end up with extra-long Paths with unnecessary Folders inside Folders– such as:

K:\AIR Music Technology\AIR Content\AIR Music Technology\AIR Content\Structure\Structure Factory Libraries

Find the Structure Setup Installer - which will now be installed on your Samples drive – (separate from your AIR Music Technology Folder).
Copy and paste the Structure Setup Installer to your Desktop – right-click – Run as administrator.

The Structure 2.0.6 Setup Options Default Window (see attached image) has all options checked.
If you haven’t paid the extra for the VST versions, uncheck these.
Uncheck the last option: “Install Factory Content (choose location)”.
(I actually “Browsed” to my correct location first, then I unchecked this option).

In short, wait for the full Structure 2.0.7 Setup.
Assuming the Setup Options will be identical to the 2.0.6 version – uncheck the Content install option.

Better option: as the full Setup is so time-consuming, wait for the Update version to be fixed.
Also - as others have mentioned - if a previous version works for you: stay there!

Strike:
The Strike 2.0.6 full installer for WIN has an issue with detecting the installed PACE version. So uninstall PACE iLok Manager, before running the Strike 2.0.6 full Installer. This issue has been fixed in Strike 2.0.7
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-05-2021 at 01:15 AM.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:54 AM

Why oh why is Transfuser 2.6 update only 270mb and 2.7 is 4.6Gigs??
Is 2.7 an update or a the whole frickin' program.
And what an earth is VIP support?
WD Black SATA 7200
ASUS SABERTOOTH X79
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Mbox3 Pro Firewire 400
ProTools 10.3.8
ProTools 11.3.1

https://soundcloud.com/matthewcrowe
Old 11-24-2015, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinh View Post
Once again we see that AIR is incapable of providing a simple upgrade to its user base. I can't think of a single other plugin developer that requires its users to jump through so many hoops or causes so much frustration when trying to install a simple upgrade to a plugin or VI you already own! It should NOT require a Ph.D. in software engineering to figure out how to get an upgrade to work! I'm glad I held off trying to do this upgrade seeing all the frustrations many of you have had.

I couldn't even get a simple install of a voice library expansion pack for Vacuum Pro to install. AIR simply has to get their act together!

Old 11-24-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Once again we see that AIR is incapable of providing a simple upgrade to its user base. I can't think of a single other plugin developer that requires its users to jump through so many hoops or causes so much frustration when trying to install a simple upgrade to a plugin or VI you already own! It should NOT require a Ph.D. in software engineering to figure out how to get an upgrade to work! I'm glad I held off trying to do this upgrade seeing all the frustrations many of you have had.

I couldn't even get a simple install of a voice library expansion pack for Vacuum Pro to install. AIR simply has to get their act together!
It's a shame that they are missing the little things. They make good instruments with nice UI's (except Structure).

Anyway, I posted a video showing exactly what happens on my system when I install Strike or Structure 2.0.7 - it's a long video, I had to rant a bit Lol. The workaround is in there too about copying your libraries.

It took forever, but I'm finally completely updated to 2.0.7 yeeeahhhh

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-24-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinh View Post
VIP is Virtual Instrument Player
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcnr8dW2Xew

It's kinda like the Akai/Alesis version of what NI is doing with the Komplete Kontrol. It's pretty cool actually, not that I've used it, but it looks cool.

And Transfuser 2.0.7 includes the library in the download, that's why it's so large.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-24-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
It's a shame that they are missing the little things. They make good instruments with nice UI's (except Structure).

Anyway, I posted a video showing exactly what happens on my system when I install Strike or Structure 2.0.7 - it's a long video, I had to rant a bit Lol. The workaround is in there too about copying your libraries.

It took forever, but I'm finally completely updated to 2.0.7 yeeeahhhh
Brian, You're a very patient guy! Thanks for taking time to create the video. I agree with you that the VIs themselves are quite nice and I use them frequently...especially Transfuser and Hybrid. But these updates...(face to palm!)

Old 11-24-2015, 10:40 PM

Thanks Brian for your YT video!

What I can’t work out is that my Strike 2.0.7 Update (over 2.0.6) was quick & easy; I only had a hassle with the Structure 2.0.7 Update (over 2.0.6).

If the Structure 2.0.7 Update had worked for me, the rest of this post wouldn’t exist.

If Structure_2.0.7_Setup.part01 includes the Structure_2.0.7_Setup.exe - I’m wondering if it’d be possible to run just the Structure_2.0.7_Setup.exe, as, not only does it include the “Setup Options (without Content)” option (see attached image), it also allows - in Extraction path and options, selecting “Extract and update files” as well as “Skip existing files” (see attached image).

I’m very interested to know if this works (Chicken-or-the-Egg?)– as opposed to downloading all the .rar files.

I did it differently:
I downloaded all 5 files to my Desktop – then I right-clicked on Structure_2.0.7_Setup.part01 and selected Extract files.
I set the Path to my Samples drive – where it found my AIR Music Technology Folder, installing the Content in my AIR Content Folder.
Structure_2.0.7_Setup.exe was a separate file on my Samples drive - because that's where I set the Path - it wasn't in my AIR Music Technology Folder.

Happy to say: the 2.0.7 Structure full Setup worked! (see attached images).

I’m assuming there might be people needing a full Installer, if they didn’t make a Content backup, as you suggested.

I started a thread (about buying all the AIEP install files on a low cost/quality USB3 full of .exe and .rar files – as opposed to paying a big price for a big HD full of extracted files). This would eliminate the need for costly, time-consuming downloads.

If there’s only “3-men-&-a-dog” who need or want this, I’ll forget about it.
If enough people express their interest, I’ll pass it on “up the line”.

Here’s the link:
Is there a need for all the AIEP installers on a USB3 stick?
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=374647

Cheers!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 07-05-2021 at 01:15 AM.